Slow motion video crash 100% of the time

Alex338

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Hey All,

Wondering if anybody else can reproduce this problem? I've had my 6p for a few days and love it, but last night was trying to record some slow motion video at the bowling alley, and the camera app crashed. I can now reproduce this problem 100% of the time, nothing random about it. I've seen some posts on xda and around the web, but nothing really definitive or with an explanation to fix it. My instinct tells me it's a software problem, which I assume will be fixed, but just in case it's a hardware problem I'd like to figure it out before my exchange period is up.

Basically, I switch to the video capture in the camera app, switch to either 120 or 240 fps, zoom in as far as possible, start moving the phone around, and voila, crash. It only happens when zoomed in as far as possible, and when slow motion is active. I don't even have to hit record, it actually crashes before even starting to record the video. For a few seconds, it will be OK, then the screen will start to get jumpy, and after a few seconds the camera app freezes completely. It seems to happen faster the more the phone is moved around trying to focus, almost like the auto focus gets overloaded and freezes.

I wiped the cache and factory reset, problem persist. Running 6.0.1, with the Dec 3rd google camera update.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

Wondering if anybody else can reproduce this problem? I've had my 6p for a few days and love it, but last night was trying to record some slow motion video at the bowling alley, and the camera app crashed. I can now reproduce this problem 100% of the time, nothing random about it. I've seen some posts on xda and around the web, but nothing really definitive or with an explanation to fix it. My instinct tells me it's a software problem, which I assume will be fixed, but just in case it's a hardware problem I'd like to figure it out before my exchange period is up.

Basically, I switch to the video capture in the camera app, switch to either 120 or 240 fps, zoom in as far as possible, start moving the phone around, and voila, crash. It only happens when zoomed in as far as possible, and when slow motion is active. I don't even have to hit record, it actually crashes before even starting to record the video. For a few seconds, it will be OK, then the screen will start to get jumpy, and after a few seconds the camera app freezes completely. It seems to happen faster the more the phone is moved around trying to focus, almost like the auto focus gets overloaded and freezes.

I wiped the cache and factory reset, problem persist. Running 6.0.1, with the Dec 3rd google camera update.

I get the same thing. You do not have to hit record, it will just crash by waving the phone around for a few seconds. I sent an error report.

Posted via the Android Central App

Alex338

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I get the same thing. You do not have to hit record, it will just crash by waving the phone around for a few seconds. I sent an error report.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes exactly what happens to me. It's like the auto focus gets overloaded and freezes up. Think this is a software glitch?

cane prevost1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Just tried this with mine to see if i'd get the same crash. It worked just fine. No crash at full zoom and 240 fps. Tried with and without recording video.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo