Screen brightness

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I just bought a new Nexus 6p from Best Buy with their sale and it's an Android n now I'm just testing it out now. Which is awesome. My only question is with the massive screen size and the weak battery of the Nexus 6 I was used to keeping the screen brightness down all the way to try to conserve battery power is that still needed on the Nexus 6 p with the smaller screen and bigger battery? Or can I turn up the brightness a little bit and still have good battery life? Thank you so much for helping.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I just bought a new Nexus 6p from Best Buy with their sale and it's an Android n now I'm just testing it out now. Which is awesome. My only question is with the massive screen size and the weak battery of the Nexus 6 I was used to keeping the screen brightness down all the way to try to conserve battery power is that still needed on the Nexus 6 p with the smaller screen and bigger battery? Or can I turn up the brightness a little bit and still have good battery life? Thank you so much for helping.
I keep mine slightly above 50% most of the time. I've been very happy with battery life. Your mileage will vary depending on how you use your phone.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I keep mine slightly above 50% most of the time. I've been very happy with battery life. Your mileage will vary depending on how you use your phone.
I mean don't get me wrong though, Android and as far as native UI OS customization n is awesome! Like I said it's really that worried some and paranoid I got from the Nexus 6 with lollipop 5.1.1 and if I kept their 50% screen brightness everyone said that would have crappy battery life and obviously I need the exact opposite with this phone. So whatever you suggest and recommend I will do.

Also, is the dose feature automatic or is there something within the system settings of the operation at the set-up? Thank you.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I mean don't get me wrong though, Android and as far as native UI OS customization n is awesome! Like I said it's really that worried some and paranoid I got from the Nexus 6 with lollipop 5.1.1 and if I kept their 50% screen brightness everyone said that would have crappy battery life and obviously I need the exact opposite with this phone. So whatever you suggest and recommend I will do.

Also, is the dose feature automatic or is there something within the system settings of the operation at the set-up? Thank you.

Automatic. Battery will be a lot better than the 6. Well not a lot. If you got 2-3 hours SOT on the 6, you will most likely get atleast 4-5 on the 6P. I consistently get 5 hours SOT before my 6P hits 20 percent and i charge it.

Posted via the Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Automatic. Battery will be a lot better than the 6. Well not a lot. If you got 2-3 hours SOT on the 6, you will most likely get atleast 4-5 on the 6P. I consistently get 5 hours SOT before my 6P hits 20 percent and i charge it.

Ya know what so far so good but I'm still testing it out.

VigneshB

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I used https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...bigpepper.DisplayBrightnessPro&token=UXvGBT5p on my Samsung Galaxy S3 because it was much easier than fiddling with the brightness slider, and I've continued to use it on my 6P for the same reason. You can configure the location, size, transparency, etc. of the control slider and it allows you to set just the right amount of brightness for the current conditions, so you can maximize battery life. There's also a free version if you want to give it a try. YMMV.

TheNexxuvas

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a toggle app in a drop down. I set the % to change between 25%, which I use 60% of the time, 45%, which I use when reading news or playing a game or Web usage, and 100%, reserved only for video viewing. I switch between each daily, and see no problem on battery life.

App is notification toggle, in case anyone was wondering. Gives me a quick toggle for my brightness, turning GPS back off, NFC on and off, and quick toggle for vibe/silent mode & etc

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would experiment a bit. Put your phone brightness at a certain level that you feel comfortable with, and then see how the battery is affected. Do this until you find a setting that suits you and your battery.

I use a different phone than you, but I usually have my brightness set to 30%. Not too bright but still good enough for me to get through the day. And I turn it up while watching Netflix if needed. :)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Use whatever is most comfortable for you. :)

Yup thank you so much for helping nonetheless though.. Yes, like I said, I keep the screen relatively dim but usable and it works out pretty well. On another topic quickly, when making text edit changes and having to move the mouse cursor or select a word, do you double tap on the word or just press and hold on the actual word in ordered to highlight and select it? Just curious the 2 Nd method seems to be easier to me that's for sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall