Mic issues with calls. What do you guys do?

kiriath

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
We all know about the mic issues that plague the 6p. I have been able to fix that by using earphones with mic. However, I don't always have them with me and I am tired of people telling me they cannot hear me or hear echo. Needless to say the call quality is horrible on the other end.
Aside from this I love my 6p as it is an excellent phone. But I am sick and tired of this problem because I spend a lot of time talking on my cell.
I have also read that exchanging your phone doesn't guarantee that the problem will be resolved. As far as the software fix that needs a rooted phone... Well, I'd rather not root my phone and it doesn't seem to always work.

What is the best solution out there?? I just want to be able to make phone calls normally!!! Is that too much to ask?

ihatevz1234

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I feel your pain i cant even use my 6P anymore I switched to the oneplus 3 when it came out. It's annoying to this day the most basic thing making a call you can't do in a phone. Also like you said what should I have to root my phone and go thru all that dam trouble. I think you and myself are doomed. I just find it weird because so many people have this phone and it seems that most people don't have this problem. So as a fix... Your guess is as good as mine.

kiriath

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you by chance covering the little hole on the back below the camera and above the fingerprint reader while on the phone?

No, I am not. I have been very careful about that and tested making phone calls without the case. I also tried the electrical tape trick. I may try to contact Huawei directly (purchased my 6p at Best Buy) and try to get a replacement under warranty.