Battery drain problems HELP NEEDED

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi all.

I just hanged up with Huawai about the problem that I am currently having. They said every Nexus 6P users have that problem and they suggested that I go back to Marshmallow 6.0. Google can't replace the phone since I bought it off someone on Ebay. Can anyone help me?
Am I the only one with that problem? If not, How did you fix it? Did what Huawai told me is BS?

Please help.

Thank you,
Selena

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi all.

I just hanged up with Huawai about the problem that I am currently having. They said every Nexus 6P users have that problem and they suggested that I go back to Marshmallow 6.0. Google can't replace the phone since I bought it off someone on Ebay. Can anyone help me?
Am I the only one with that problem? If not, How did you fix it? Did what Huawai told me is BS?

Please help.

Thank you,
Selena

You are nowhere near alone. My battery isn't making it through five hours any more.

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Hey. since yesterday at the same time 4:30pm it shuts off. I get the ''low battery'' notification the vibration then it switches off. the thing is my battery is at 67% or 55% and then 4;30pm power off. I plug it in it charges like if its dead then when I turn it on while still plugged im back to my original battery percentage.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Go back to Marshmallow. 7 has been a battery problem. 7.1 does help a little but no where near as good as 6.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Based on your updated details it sounds like the somewhat common early shutdown issue which can only be fixed with a new battery. Huawei should replace the battery or send you a refurbished 6p if it's still under warranty. You might just need to talk to a different Huawei rep to start RMA process.

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Based on your updated details it sounds like the somewhat common early shutdown issue which can only be fixed with a new battery. Huawei should replace the battery or send you a refurbished 6p if it's still under warranty. You might just need to talk to a different Huawei rep to start RMA process.

Since I got the phone off a guy from Ebay the warranty is not transferable. I'm screwed :(

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Go back to Marshmallow. 7 has been a battery problem. 7.1 does help a little but no where near as good as 6.

I don\t even know how to do that ...I was hoping for a better solution like Huawei replacing the phone or an update I dont even know if it's because i'm on BETA 7.1.1 maybe that's the cause of it?....:(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I get the ''low battery'' notification the vibration then it switches off. the thing is my battery is at 67% or 55%
Do you have the 'Battery Saver' feature turned on? If so you should try turning that off.

You could certainly unenroll from the beta program but I don't necessarily think that's your issue with poor battery life.

If you wanted to reload Marshmallow you could use a tool like Nexus Root Toolkit (NRT - just Google it) to do the hard work.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

Please help.

Thank you,
Selena
I had the same problem. My battery was awful. I gave up and moved on. I bought a one plus 3t. Very happy now. I wish I had a fix for you. I tried to find a solution for almost three months. I had to move on. It was no longer a mobile device. Good luck.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. My battery was awful. I gave up and moved on. I bought a one plus 3t. Very happy now. I wish I had a fix for you. I tried to find a solution for almost three months. I had to move on. It was no longer a mobile device. Good luck.

I'm contemplating getting a new phone to. I run 5 days a week, and while running now my phone will just randomly shut off. You can't turn it on until you get it on a charger. It has been cold though. I turned off battery saver, and cleared cache. I'm a couple more random shutdowns away from just buying another phone. Hell I'd consider an iPhone at this point. I just need something to work.

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site

Thank you Grover! I hope this will be resolved with the update we all are waiting for..

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Do you have the 'Battery Saver' feature turned on? If so you should try turning that off.

You could certainly unenroll from the beta program but I don't necessarily think that's your issue with poor battery life.

If you wanted to reload Marshmallow you could use a tool like Nexus Root Toolkit (NRT - just Google it) to do the hard work.

Hey. No I do not have it on. Maybe I should go back on Marshmallow until the new software update comes...:/

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much! :) I'll try doing that hopefully it works! My patch is from December 2016. I guess it's a software issue then.

The recent updates have caused problems for a lot of people. I haven't experienced any myself, though.

I was also on the beta until this morning. I went to http://android.com/beta and un-enrolled from the beta. Then, I downloaded the latest OTA image for the Nexus 6P (build N4F26J). Before I could apply the update, my phone received another update (N4F26I) which is also January, 2017. I was afraid it might force me to wipe my data, but after installing the update and rebooting, there was no forced wipe.

I don't know what the differences are between the two builds (N4F26I and N4F26J), but I figured I wanted to be on the latest build so I went ahead and sideloaded it via ADB.

To recap what I did:

-Un-enroll from beta
-Install new update
-Reboot
-Download N4F26J
-Use ADB to sideload N4F26J

I'll see how the battery is over the next few days. I didn't have any issues before, though, so there *should* be nothing to fix.

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
The recent updates have caused problems for a lot of people. I haven't experienced any myself, though.

I was also on the beta until this morning. I went to http://android.com/beta and un-enrolled from the beta. Then, I downloaded the latest OTA image for the Nexus 6P (build N4F26J). Before I could apply the update, my phone received another update (N4F26I) which is also January, 2017. I was afraid it might force me to wipe my data, but after installing the update and rebooting, there was no forced wipe.

I don't know what the differences are between the two builds (N4F26I and N4F26J), but I figured I wanted to be on the latest build so I went ahead and sideloaded it via ADB.

To recap what I did:

-Un-enroll from beta
-Install new update
-Reboot
-Download N4F26J
-Use ADB to sideload N4F26J

I'll see how the battery is over the next few days. I didn't have any issues before, though, so there *should* be nothing to fix.

Thank you so much! I'm relieved that there might be a solution to my problem. Hopefully it works! I guess what Huawei told me yesterday was not BS! :)

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much! I'm relieved that there might be a solution to my problem. Hopefully it works! I guess what Huawei told me yesterday was not BS! :)

It sounds like this might help resolve your issues. After the patch installs, if you're still experiencing issues, you can try to wipe the cache partition from recovery mode. I like to do that after updates anyway.

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
It sounds like this might help resolve your issues. After the patch installs, if you're still experiencing issues, you can try to wipe the cache partition from recovery mode. I like to do that after updates anyway.
I definitely will give it a try and let you know! Thank you so much once again dty06! :)