Android O beta?

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
do you know if Google Maps Works OK with Android o? I really want to try the beta but I need my Google Maps tomorrow so I can find a gig. Any advice?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've used Maps... works fine.

The only app I've run into any kind of issue with so far is Google Photos, and that is just an issue with the shortcut icon not getting set properly. Maps and Waze are both fully functional as far as I can tell.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
thanks! I just installed the beta last night. I've noticed it's draining my battery fast. Is anyone else experiencing that?

markst

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Most serious problem I'm having is Nova laincher settings. Had to go back to Google laincher. Opted out of the beta but still haven't received 7.1.2.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
One other thing I wanted to do was clear the system cache. But I can't find that option anywhere under O.
You have to do that in recovery now: at least for this beta build, the Googs have removed the option to clear app cache all at once.

And like markst said, if you're using Nova, at least make sure that Error reporting is turned off in Advanced Nova settings. It's evidently a wakelock generator.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Did you unenroll from the beta. If so did you get a notification to install Nougat?

I did unenroll. But I actually had to go into the settings and go to software update to see if there was a new update available. And it told me it had nougat 7.1.2 waiting to download.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Strange. Tried that but it didn't work.

That's strange. Yeah normally when you unenroll from beta you immediately get a software update alert. But I did have to go into the settings and check for software update. And it said it had 7.1.2 waiting to download. Maybe give it a minute or two and try it again.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
That's cool. I wonder if that's what my problem was with installing O. I hadn't done a factory reset in a while, and I had the beta of Nougat, then the final version of Nougat, then the beta of O on top of all that. O seemed to bog down my system a bit and the battery was draining fast. I think I will try it again, but not till the next beta.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress