Android O beta?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
We'll probably get another beta build... maybe early July... guessing. Which will most likely be the last built before O launches later in the year. I am sure there's a roadmap out there somewhere.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
We could get one middle of June since nothing very bad seems to be happening with DP2 (I mean, it's almost boring):

Yeah, it's actually too stable. I was kinda hoping for some issues. So far, the only issue I've noticed is that my car no longer picks up track info for bluetooth and the controls don't work - but the music still plays, so I don't really care too much, and it's probably because the music app doesn't have an Android O release yet.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Talk about first-world problems, eh?! I hope this doesn't come around to bite us.

Yeah, seriously.

I like being on the bleeding edge. So far, Android O doesn't feel much like a "bleeding edge."

But that's a good thing. I remember the Android N and M betas had a lot of issues. I'm glad the current beta is pretty stable.

But I do wish my music app would update. I paid for this dang thing (with free Google Opinions money).

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
We'll probably get another beta build... maybe early July... guessing. Which will most likely be the last built before O launches later in the year. I am sure there's a roadmap out there somewhere.

Aren't there usually 2 or 3 beta builds before the final release?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Aren't there usually 2 or 3 beta builds before the final release?

Yeah.. see the above timeline... looks like we'll get two; one in a couple of weeks and another in July. Then things go silent until the Pixel launch event when the official 0 build is released.

markst

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Had to go back to 7.1 2. Couple of my security apps wouldn't work with Android Or. I'll just wait for the next beta and see how that works out.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Running the new release now. Haven't had a chance to test bluetooth or battery life quite yet, but seems stable enough so far. Does anyone know if there's a changelog?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Wow. That was a strange update. Initially, I thought the phone was bootlooping because the installation seemed to stop and start twice. After that twinge of arrhythmia, the installation still seemed to take a heck of a long time. I walked away twice; I couldn't watch. Thankfully, the phone did reboot, but then instead of just finishing things up, it started Google Play in the background and apparently updated every app that was already targetting API 26 (at least that's what I'm assuming since I updated 22 apps before I even checked for the update): YouTube, Google Docs, a Substratum theme that I don't even use on the 6P, Nova launcher, Network Signal Pro and the Official TWRP app, which I also don't use on this phone).

Crazy.

davinwv

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
The icon shapes on the native Google apps are even more of a mismatched mess than they were before DP3. It has all been downhill since the play buttons LOL!

Derek_B

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
The icon shapes on the native Google apps are even more of a mismatched mess than they were before DP3. It has all been downhill since the play buttons LOL!

I know, right? I'd just gotten used to the Pixel-like circle icons and now many of them are back to iOS-ish squares with rounded corners! Agh!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000