What games would you like to come to the shield?

HDTV35

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
What games would you like to see come to the shield? Personally I would like to see Counter Strike Source/GO - Minecraft - Garry's Mod - BF3 (if not Battlefield 3, then Battlefield bad company 2 since BF3 is owned by origin) - Super meat boy - TF2 of course - Saints Row: The Third. That seems to me to be a size-able list of games, if you feel like you would want more/less then post below!

The Bard

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I just want some great mobile games on iOS available on SHIELD, such as XCOM Enemy Unknown, Bastion, Walking Dead Series, Deus Ex The Fall, Star Wars KOTOR, and many more. Android has many games, but iOS have better exclusive games.

Posted via Android Central App

HDTV35

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I hadn't really thought about apps, but I do agree that iOS has better apps, then I could also get my 200+ Apps on my system.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What games would you like to see come to the shield? Personally I would like to see Counter Strike Source/GO - Minecraft - Garry's Mod - BF3 (if not Battlefield 3, then Battlefield bad company 2 since BF3 is owned by origin) - Super meat boy - TF2 of course - Saints Row: The Third. That seems to me to be a size-able list of games, if you feel like you would want more/less then post below!

Are you asking what we would like to see ported, or to work with the streaming feature? For streaming I want FPS's to work well. Those are what I like to play, so of course I want them to work well. I imagine if CoD can work well with streaming that it will be a big draw for gamers.

If we're asking what I would like to see ported over, some sort of RPG, maybe Skyrim or Fable. Something to get people to want to pick up SHIELD and use it.

isamu99

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Good thread. I would very very VERY much like to see the following games ported directly to Shield:

1)Resident Evil 6, or just a port of The Mercenaries mode
2)Bioshock Infinite
3)Any of the Skate games from EA, preferably 2.
4)Tony Hawk 3, 4 or THUG.
5)Some sort of Call of Duty Zombies game.
6)A port of Ridge Racer PSP(the best in the series) from Namco
7)Mortal Kombat(the new one)
8)Borderlands 2
9)A port of GGPO(google it) to Android
10)Y's Oath of Falghana or Y's Origins

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I recall seeing somewhere that as long as the Nvidia GeForce Experience sees your game, you can still play it on the Shield. So this means games like BF3, that the GE recognizes, should work fine on the Shield - although they might not be "recommended" titles at launch.

trogdor12309

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I really want to see a racing game that isn't just "drive strait". Really, I'd like to see Forza 4 on android, but since that's made by Turn 10, which is one of Microsoft's game studios, I know that won't happen. But I'd buy a racing game of that quality. I would also buy a Call of Duty game as well. Even if its just a zombies gametype.

mlevsky

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
most of the games that support controllers that are on pc work with shield, what i want is daggerfall to work with the controller.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
A game that would justify a purchase, like a Monster hunter, or any other game I could put hundreds of hours into

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
A game that would justify a purchase, like a Monster hunter, or any other game I could put hundreds of hours into

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

Alright I'll bite. What games do you play now that meet that criteria?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Alright I'll bite. What games do you play now that meet that criteria?

A game that I play with for hundreds of hours?

Skyrim on my xbox

Disgaea on my ps3 and my old psp 3000 series for a combined 300 hours

Monster hunter freedom 2 and unite for a combined over 300 hours

And I have 77 hours pumped into mass effect one

Right now, I'm looking for my next handheld game, and so far, both the Nintendo 3ds xl and the psp vita have games from these series(psp vita has the Disgaea series, as well as series like persona, and both psp and the ds have monster hunter) and others like pokemon that I could easily pump hundreds of hours into

I need a game that would justify me paying more for a shield than those consoles basically

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Where are you going to be other than home, that will afford you "Hundreds of Hours" to invest into playing a handheld game?

I play handhelds the same way I play my consoles, at home mostly, and rarely outside

fm123

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Anything that works well with a controller. Games like Fable, etc... are probably perfect.

A good racing game would be nice. I do like Asphalt 8, but I think Real Racing 3 may be better on graphics, and that doesn't have controller support, yet. I don't feel that fast action FPS is that good on controller, coming from PC WASD playing, but honestly anything with really nice graphics to show off the device. Blood Sword is nice in that respect.

Oh, and some good Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter type games.

Last edited:

isamu99

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Anything that works well with a controller.
A good racing game would be nice. I do like Asphalt 8, but I think Real Racing 3 may be better on graphics, and that doesn't have controller support, yet.

Wait, so neither Asphalt or Real Racing 3 have support for controllers? That means I can't play them on the Shield? WTF???

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Wait, so neither Asphalt or Real Racing 3 have support for controllers? That means I can't play them on the Shield? WTF???

Asphalt 8: Airborne and the Nvidia Shield is a match made in Android gaming heaven http://www.androidcentral.com/asphalt-8-airborne-and-nvidia-shield-match-made-android-gaming-heaven

fm123

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

asphalt 8 does work perfectly fine although I think Real Racing 3 has better graphics. You can play Real Racing three and tilt the controller you have to do touch screen for pedals. Asphalt 8 is actually more fun as a fun racing game. would be nice to have tilt control on asphalt