Pre-Fitted Screen Protector a poor choice by OnePlus?

JonnyT

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I've just removed the pre-fitted screen protector as I can see the smudges and it's annoying me.

The first thing that hit me is that the screen quality looks noticeably better - is it just me?! Brightness is is set quite high and colour scale is set about 80% to the right of the slider.

So I'm starting to think that, whilst it's unique and quite cool (imo) to sell a phone with screen protection pre-fitted, in the wake of some mixed reviews on the screen quality, was this a poor choice? I thought the screen was really good before to be honest, but now I'm very, very satisfied.

JonnyT

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I was originally looking to upgrade to a tempered glass once one is out that stretches to the edges, which the OEM one doesn't.

But right now, it's just so damn pretty I'm almost tempted to just leave it as is and claim on insurance if I drop it! I'm sure I'll come back around soon when a well-fitted tempered glass protector is available. I hope.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I can't bring myself to take it off even though it doesn't cover the whole screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I took mine off yesterday. I just got so sick of feeling that disgusting plastic.

I'll leave it bare for now, but will probably end up a glass protector eventually.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I don't think putting it on was a poor choice. I think it was a good choice. No one else does that. If you don't like it just remove it like you did. But for others it is a great screen protector.

JonnyT

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think putting it on was a poor choice. I think it was a good choice. No one else does that. If you don't like it just remove it like you did. But for others it is a great screen protector.

I agree and I think more companies should offer out-of-the-box protection as it almost seems like they care for the phone more? Like they care about my new toy not getting broken, or...something. My point was really around how good the display looks without it on in wake of some quite negative reviews of what I think is a really good screen.

JonnyT

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Ignore everything I have said - 24 hours without the screen protector and I seem to have LOADS of scratches. How did this happen on the same Gorilla Glass 4 that I had on my S6 edge? No photo's to show as currently my only device.

Ahhh Karma, you are one unforgiving S.O.B. Oh well, at least we all learnt something new!

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I also pulled mine off because my OCD self can not take the fact that it doesn't cover edge to edge. I definitely noticed a bump in screen quality, as the screen protector made icons look smudged out. Much happier with it off.

nikhilkshirsagar

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
is there any better options to the default protector that comes with the phone ? There doesnt seem to be on amazon.in ... i just find the pleson ones which are super expensive and full coverage (not sure if that will work with my case) or this one For Oneplus 3 Tempered Glass Screen Protector Full Cover One Plus Three Oneplus3 9H 2.5D Ultra Thin Protective Film Guard-in Screen Protectors from Phones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group and https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/oneplus-3-screen-protectors-covers-cases.html not sure which one to order