Screen protector cracks and warranty

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I setup an appointment through Samsung to have my screen protector replaced. I arrived at the Ubreakifix store and they refused. Said they no longer do the work. Only option they gave was to send the phone to Samsung. Not a viable option.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I setup an appointment through Samsung to have my screen protector replaced. I arrived at the Ubreakifix store and they refused. Said they no longer do the work. Only option they gave was to send the phone to Samsung. Not a viable option.

I've come to the conclusion that ubreakifix has no standard policies on what they will repair, at least none that are enforced.

When I made a reservation online, within minutes a guy called me to ask what I needed repaired (the only info I could give was I had a Z Fold 3 so I think he was suspicious of the screen protector). When I said what I needed, he told me, "yeah we don't do those here," but then told me 2 other local ubreakifix did. Even when I stopped in, the first person who was helping me tried but then came back out and said the old protector was really stuck and he needed to wait until his manager returned to let him do the repair.

Once the manager returned, he took all of 5 minutes and like new again. I can tell the difference too in screen feel. Brand new protectors have an incredibly smooth feel.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that ubreakifix has no standard policies on what they will repair, at least none that are enforced.

When I made a reservation online, within minutes a guy called me to ask what I needed repaired (the only info I could give was I had a Z Fold 3 so I think he was suspicious of the screen protector). When I said what I needed, he told me, "yeah we don't do those here," but then told me 2 other local ubreakifix did. Even when I stopped in, the first person who was helping me tried but then came back out and said the old protector was really stuck and he needed to wait until his manager returned to let him do the repair.

Once the manager returned, he took all of 5 minutes and like new again. I can tell the difference too in screen feel. Brand new protectors have an incredibly smooth feel.

Thanks for your comments mlblack16.

What a fiasco I had today. I went to our local ubreakifix store - had an appointment. Like I said they said they did not replace the screen protector in the store. He did offer to remove the protector so I would not be bothered by bubbles. Asked about the warranty and he just shrugged. Called Samsung, they recommended another store about 30 minutes away. Used the number they gave me and no answer. When I returned home, looked up the store in Google and the number was different. At this store a very professional person answered. He said the reason my local store can't replace they screen protectors is they techs are to new and always mess up the process. He looked and said they were out of Fold3 replacement protectors, recommended another store. I called them and they sounded very confused and said they don't have the equipment to replace the screen protectors.

I call Samsung back, they recommended I send the phone to them and they can have it back in 5-7 business days. Well this is my work phone, can't be out of communication that long. The next option was a trade in. Currently they have a $400 off and $1000 trade in. The trade in is less than I paid for my Fold 3. I was already considering doing this anyway. The Tech offered me a little more of a discount for my inconvenience. So bottom line I am moving to the Fold 4 for under $600. I guess I should have pre-ordered for the other deals.

Hope my screen protector works better on the Fold 4. I guess I am off to the Fold 4 forum.