Question on Carrier/Service SIM with OnePlus3T.

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I ordered my OnePlus 3T from OnePlus yesterday, I believe it's sold unlocked, but when it comes in, do I have to go to my carrier AT&T, for activation and possibly a new SIM? Or could I just put the nano-SIM that I have been using for 2 years now from my HTC One M8 into my OnePlus 3T? Will I get service no problem?

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I ordered my OnePlus 3T from OnePlus yesterday, I believe it's sold unlocked, but when it comes in, do I have to go to my carrier AT&T, for activation and possibly a new SIM? Or could I just put the nano-SIM that I have been using for 2 years now in my OnePlus 3T, with my HTC One M8? Will I get service no problem?

Yeah you just put in your old sim and all should work automatically, if not then you can manually input ATT's APN settings. More than likely it'll work automatically. No need to get a new sim.

vintagetechtm

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I ordered my OnePlus 3T from OnePlus yesterday, I believe it's sold unlocked, but when it comes in, do I have to go to my carrier AT&T, for activation and possibly a new SIM? Or could I just put the nano-SIM that I have been using for 2 years now from my HTC One M8 into my OnePlus 3T? Will I get service no problem?
The OnePlus 3/3T should work on AT&T. Like others had said, as long as you bought the correct version of the OnePlus 3/3T for your region.

When I first got my OnePlus 3 back in July I had to make a few phone calls to the AT&T customer service to get LTE coverage. Maybe you will get LTE coverage right away thanks to all the others like me who called and had the OnePlus phones listed is LTE capable phones.

I am in the south eastern USA. I have better LTE and LTE+ coverage on AT&T than I get on T-Mobile.

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
The OnePlus 3/3T should work on AT&T. Like others had said, as long as you bought the correct version of the OnePlus 3/3T for your region.

When I first got my OnePlus 3 back in July I had to make a few phone calls to the AT&T customer service to get LTE coverage. Maybe you will get LTE coverage right away thanks to all the others like me who called and had the OnePlus phones listed is LTE capable phones.

I am in the south eastern USA. I have better LTE and LTE+ coverage on AT&T than I get on T-Mobile.

I heard that the Nougat update fixed the AT&T service to have and show LTE. BTW, are you on Nougat? Is it faster or slower in terms of performance?

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I was only on MM for a day or so and only had 4G+. Once I did the Nougat update, it now shows LTE and LTE+ up there. Not sure of the differences, but I'd rather have LTE up there.

I'm also on At&t and just swapped the nano SIM right over. Zero problems.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I was only on MM for a day or so and only had 4G+. Once I did the Nougat update, it now shows LTE and LTE+ up there. Not sure of the differences, but I'd rather have LTE up there.

I'm also on At&t and just swapped the nano SIM right over. Zero problems.

To my understanding, 4G+ is superior to straight LTE. 4G+ indicates carrier aggregration... also known as LTE-A. So I wouldn't worry about seeing 4G+ at all.

Not sure about LTE+... maybe that's LTE-A? = 4G+?

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
You'll be fine as long as you got the US version. I am on at&t, originally had my Nexus 6p on there. When my 3t came last month I just popped in my sim card and everything has worked perfectly no hassle.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Does the 3T work on Verizon?

It will get edge only out of the box. i have heard you could enable other bands to get it to work wit their other data bands.

When I got the phone last Friday night I just ran the updates VIA WiFi and stuck 4.0 on and then stuck in my sim card and everything worked with no issues. LTE and so on.

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It will get edge only out of the box. i have heard you could enable other bands to get it to work wit their other data bands.

When I got the phone last Friday night I just ran the updates VIA WiFi and stuck 4.0 on and then stuck in my sim card and everything worked with no issues. LTE and so on.

Wait, what? You have the 3T with Verizon? First time I hear of this!

vintagetechtm

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
To my understanding, 4G+ is superior to straight LTE. 4G+ indicates carrier aggregration... also known as LTE-A. So I wouldn't worry about seeing 4G+ at all.

Not sure about LTE+... maybe that's LTE-A? = 4G+?
I discovered that LTE and 4G are the same thing in the USA. 4g+ and LTE+ are carrier integration of two LTE channels to increase speed...

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Wait, what? You have the 3T with Verizon? First time I hear of this!

Oh I'm sorry I do not! But I can see where you would have thought that. I was just saying some folks on XDA I believe had have some success with Verizon. I have att and I have had no issues with APN settings. I know many have reported some LTE issues with att.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa