One Plus - Worth Getting?

the_hadlander

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey everybody,

I've been looking to upgrade my phone ( iPhone 5s ) for a while, and I've been thinking about giving Android a shot for a while. Given the off-contract price and customization possibilities, the One Plus seems pretty cool. However, I've read things here and there about the phone being unreliable, and that call quality is generally not very good, though I'm not sure if these issues have been since fixed via updates.

Any insight as to your experience regarding the call quality, experience, and overall reliability of the phone/company? Is it worth it? I'd really appreciate it!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have played with it, and while it is nice, I picked up an unlocked g2 for $190 new on sale ,which imo is a better deal.

kurioskurion

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't comment on call quality (I rarely make/receive calls). Build quality has been great and I've never experienced the "complaints" that some report.. I'm running OxygenOS and it's great!

Posted via the Android Central App

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 5 and I couldn't be happier. No issues with my opo at all. Call quality is the same as any phone I've used. This phone is as reliable as any. Forums are always full of posts with problems. That's why there here, to find help. Every phone has forums full of issues, even apple. I think you'd be very happy with the opo and the switch to android. I do and I'm invested in apple products pretty heavily with laptops and iPads and iTunes music, but my phone will never be apple again.

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I know Im replying quite late but if you have already got the OPO then fine you must be proud of your decision, but if you haven't then I would suggest go ahead and get one Or wait till OP2 is released (might be sometime in Q3)

The phone has everything that a $700 phone has for less than half the price. After a lot of thinking I got mine just 2 weeks ago and I just enjoying it. The performance is awesome and camera too (Im more into photography) though I need to play around with the settings as I did have some comments, but its nothing to do with the hardware, the software and use is what matters.

Nevertheless it is as good as LG G3 (I wouldn't compare with samsung, though I used an S4 in the past) and the OPO replaced my Xperia Z1 so you can imagine!

better luck and enjoy the OPO

anon(4983263)

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I got one. I have mixed reviews. I think for the money you can't go wrong. I'm with AT&T and call quality is every bit as good as the Iphone. My whole family is Iphone. Or was. :)

My problem was a corrupt image on the phone when I got it. It would lock up or reboot about once an hour. It finally locked up tight and nothing could recover it. Their solution was to leave it alone for 12 hours, and charge for an hour etc. Nothing like that ever worked for me. I had to literally take the phone apart and disconnect the battery! Once I did that, then I was able to gain access and flash it with a new image. Once that was done, it is rock solid! I was thinking it was a crap phone, but I've talked to quite a few that have not had my experience. So apparently it is rare.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I got one. I have mixed reviews. I think for the money you can't go wrong. I'm with AT&T and call quality is every bit as good as the Iphone. My whole family is Iphone. Or was. :)

My problem was a corrupt image on the phone when I got it. It would lock up or reboot about once an hour. It finally locked up tight and nothing could recover it. Their solution was to leave it alone for 12 hours, and charge for an hour etc. Nothing like that ever worked for me. I had to literally take the phone apart and disconnect the battery! Once I did that, then I was able to gain access and flash it with a new image. Once that was done, it is rock solid! I was thinking it was a crap phone, but I've talked to quite a few that have not had my experience. So apparently it is rare.

Wow, I never heard of that happening. I'd have RMA'ed it.

anon(4983263)

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I maybe should have RMA'd it, but I've repaired IPhones before and felt confident I could do it. The only reason I really even mentioned it, is if someone else ever has this frustrating experience, it IS easy to fix, but you have to take it apart. I can give clear instructions, if anyone needs it.

suriramachandra

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Very good phone ,if you are lucky . My first 1+1 got replaced with problems in 10 days , second set is out of order from last 20 days -issue with Mother board & still no signs of getting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87