ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The battery hasn't yet increased. its still worse. They is two option to increase the battery life....One is to put the phone in Airplane mode when not in use. That's what i do. Second is to dial *#*#4636#*#* Phone information. Scroll down. Select CDMA only. Turn off cell radio, wait a couple seconds. Turn cell radio back on with same button. Exit with home button. Turn airplane mode on, then turn it back off. Note its only a work around to fix cell radio bug . And you only going to get 1x instead of 3G... when you choose second option

Lol you copied and pasted from my post. I tried to make an app to do it for you but can't figure out how to scroll through the menus.

ssam

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Lol you copied and pasted from my post. I tried to make an app to do it for you but can't figure out how to scroll through the menus.

some of it cause i didnt fell like typing the entire steps... so its not all copy paste...lol.... i was going through this thread and i saw that question so i was just helping a brother out.. :)

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
You guys really use ROM tools? O don't trust anything but my commands and ADB. Been using for over 3-4 years. Best way. Lol

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hate to sound like a noob, but I don't have time to read through every post. Has anyone figured anything out yet on the incoming mms bug. I wanna try this rom, but I get a lot of pic messages so I need my mms.

xgh05tx

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
wow this rom kills batt life quick, i've recalibrated twice and phone still dies in about 8 hours when not being used.

Maybe you have a bad battery. When i leave it unplugged overnight it usually goes down by like 10-20%

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I was concerned about battery life while reading this thread. I bit the bullet and upgraded anyway and I must say, I see no change in battery life.

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I booted the phone into recovery from 'ROMtools', but I don't know how to open the command prompt to the Android SDK directory.

I've placed the recovery on root but when it's in recovery it doesn't seem as though my computer recognizes it in the CMD prompt.

My guess is ROMTools just does adb commands for you. You probably need to show it where the adb tool is. You can get this either by downloading the android SDK. Or you can just download the adb/dependencies from CyanogenMod's official mirror...Index of /tools/

Just download adb.zip for windows or linux, unzip and point romtools to that dir.

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My guess is ROMTools just does adb commands for you. You probably need to show it where the adb tool is. You can get this either by downloading the android SDK. Or you can just download the adb/dependencies from CyanogenMod's official mirror...Index of /tools/

Just download adb.zip for windows or linux, unzip and point romtools to that dir.
Android SDK/Adb
If you find some free time read up there. Its all pretty simple commands once you go through it a few times. It's good stuff to know.

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
My battery dies quickly as well. I've calibrated and all and still my battery dies. Maybe my cell signal is weak, even overnight on wifi. But froyo roms yield better (a lot better) battery stamina.

Franzferdinan51

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My battery dies quickly as well. I've calibrated and all and still my battery dies. Maybe my cell signal is weak, even overnight on wifi. But froyo roms yield better (a lot better) battery stamina.

a temp fix for this is when ever ur not using data turn it off i do and my battery will last upwards of 10hrs+ on medium use 6-7 on heavy use

and on froyo i yeild the same results stop background apps from running and turn off anything your not using its the same concept as conserving power in your house if ur not using it turn it off and it will help :)

ThaLuser

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I think I found a solution to the MMS problem. GO SMS in the Market lets you manually input the MMS settings. I found the configuration for VM in res/xml/hidden_settings.xml in the stock ROM's Mms.apk. To configure MMS, perform the following steps: Disable notifications in the default messaging app. Launch GO SMS, go to Settings, MMS Related, and check Fill APN configuration manually. Enter the follow configuration:

MMSC: http://mmsc.vmobl.com
MMS PROXY: 205.239.233.136
MMS PORT: 8088

Let me know if this works. I'll test this later on when I have time to flash this ROM.

Last edited:

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I think I found a solution to the MMS problem. GO SMS in the Market lets you manually input the MMS settings. I found the configuration for VM in res/xml/hidden_settings.xml in the stock ROM's Mms.apk. To configure MMS, perform the following steps: Disable notifications in the default messaging app. Launch GO SMS, go to Settings, MMS Related, and check Fill APN configuration manually. Enter the follow configuration:

Let me know if this works. I'll test this later on when I have time to flash this ROM.

THAT will be awesome if that works!!! I am not running the rom right now, so I can't test it.

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Testing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.