[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Om-mls28 v2.0.01-ext

So is this your IHO ROM with data2ext enabled?

*Edit*

I'm using an old version of data2ext and would love to know which tweak you used, especially if its newer.

Last edited:

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Yes and no:

data2ext no, ad2sdx yes. The 40ad2sdx-script does all the work on first boot, so there is no need to enable it through adb.

OK. I've read a little about it. I guess its like data2ext except the dalvik cache and system apps stay on memory instead of everything going to the SD card which sounds much safer/stable than data2ext.

Know where I can find it, and would you possibly know how to go about setting it up when I already have data2ext enabled?

I'm thinking I'll probably have to start from scratch but if I could just disable datat2ext and get rid of the 40data2ext file in the int.d maybe I won't have to do a fresh install of the ROM.

Any suggestions?

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

would you possibly know how to go about setting it up when I already have data2ext enabled?

Any suggestions?

This is a recovery install zip, backup your apps and their data, system data like your messages and call logs (except system settings) and, boot into recovery do a Factory/Data Reset and flash zip.

The install zip deletes data2ext.

40ad2sdx_Install

Edit: The work and the credit for the script belongs to amarullz, not me I just added it to the ROM.

Reactions: kirurus

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

This is a recovery install zip, backup your apps and their data, system data like your messages and call logs (except system settings) and, boot into recovery do a Factory/Data Reset and flash zip.

The install zip deletes data2ext.

40ad2sdx_Install

Thanks buddy!

And don't worry. I'll make a backup first before I attempt this. ;)

*Edit*

Glad I made a backup. Ran into bootloop/FC issues. Most likely due to the other multiple int.d tweaks I have implemented on the ROM. Thanks again for uploading that for me! Looks like I'll be starting fresh, which is probably for the best anyway. :D

Last edited:

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I've kind got thinking seeing the 524MB internal is what my phone comes with, so the script is always there.

Does the EXT script need to be activated? And does this new script give the same amount of space as the other?

Sent from my LG-VM670 running Alien CM7 v1.2++ using Tapatalk

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] *** OM_MLS2.01.01-EXT....................[Update]

Does the EXT script need to be activated? And does this new script give the same amount of space as the other?

Nope, that first boot takes of of that. That is why the first boot takes about a minute longer then normal. Plus this script is better the data2ext in that your Systems Cache and Delvik-Cache say on the OV internal storage. So if something happened to the sd-card and failed it would not could problems with the System.

What ever your ext partition is that is what is going to be used -2 to 4MB.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Nope, that first boot takes of of that. That is why the first boot takes about a minute longer then normal. Plus this script is better the data2ext in that your Systems Cache and Delvik-Cache say on the OV internal storage. So if something happened to the sd-card and failed it would not could problems with the System.

What ever your ext partition is that is what is going to be used -2 to 4MB.

Ok cool thanks

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] *** OM_MLS2.01.01-EXT....................[Update]

I thought I would let everyone know that the 40ad2sdx int.d tweak included in the build increases the sd read ahead cache to 8192KB which is pretty high and may cause issues.

You can change the value if you have something like Root Explorer to a more reasonable number. Typically 2048 is the default read ahead cache in the IHO build.

Just go to system/etc/int.d and find the 40ad2sdx file and use a text editor to edit the value.

I have attached a screenshot to where the value can be found after the /system/xbin/echo line. Mine has already been changed to 2048.

Not saying that having it set to 8192 is a bad thing, I was just running into issues having it that high. :confused:

Is this a GB ROM?

Yes it is GB

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11