[Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

locogod

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - REMOVED

The ones that are bricked can`t access recovery,does not show up on computer ov does not go past LG boot screen stays there for a while than starts to overheat

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow. So glad I waited on flashing this. I'd have a bricked phone right now because there wasn't any mention about Touch recovery at the time.

Let's take out easy on those who bricked their phones, folks and just try to help them.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Yeah that Touch Recovery is what was causing issues on my phone when I was trying to restore it to stock using the entire zip. Think I'll go on back to old faithful IHO Recovery.

Leslie, Thought it was just me but I saw a difference in signal and call quality in my area running the stock rom with the new radio. My area has bad signal and seemed to help. 3g seemed a bit quicker but really fluctuates around here so hard to say for sure. I hope you decide to repost this radio zip later or I can get a link cause I'd like to put it on my new phone (if it isn't already updated, which I hope not so I can root) when I get it and my wife's current OV

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that Touch Recovery is what was causing issues on my phone when I was trying to restore it to stock using the entire zip. Think I'll go on back to old faithful IHO Recovery.

Leslie, Thought it was just me but I saw a difference in signal and call quality in my area running the stock rom with the new radio. My area has bad signal and seemed to help. 3g seemed a bit quicker but really fluctuates around here so hard to say for sure. I hope you decide to repost this radio zip later or I can get a link cause I'd like to put it on my new phone (if it isn't already updated, which I hope not so I can root) when I get it and my wife's current OV

So you were able to unbrick yours? great news!

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

So you were able to unbrick yours? great news!

No it didn't brick mine. I was trying to flash the whole update and it replaced the Rom, not the recovery and was saying it flashed radio but didn't. I was trying to completely return to stock for warranty and tried a few times before trying it with different recovery.

Maybe it was just the radio zip alone that is bricking and not the whole zip.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Wow.... I wake up and the whole OV world is falling down around us, phones are dropping right and left. :-\

I knew there was no reason for me to flash that stupid touch recovery... my buttons suit me just fine. I'm s glad I waited to flash this radio until other people did.

redsand26

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

I had no problem flashing the new radio using cwm. I have a hard time getting a signal at work so hopefully this will make a difference.

Teh_Gaberz

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

So since the phone can't boot into recovery and is not recognized by the computer, is there any hope at all to fix it?

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

I was the first one to report this radio update bricks your phone if you're using the Touch recovery, before there was a warning about it on the first post. So, I've been trying to communicate with the phone in anyway or shape, the phone is refusing to communicate with my computer through the USB, refuses to go into recovery, refuses to charge the battery, and theres really no other option for me but to buy a new phone.

Moral of the story? Don't do anything to the phone that has not been confirmed to work in all scenarios. Also don't "update" your phone unless there's a problem or if the update is confirmed to work. Personally, I learned to not touch my phone anymore if its working fine :)

Time to get the Slider!

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

folks, i wouldn't jump to that conclusion yet. hopefully Leslie or Jerry will be able to jump in and help. unfortunately, i don't have any experience unbricking phones as i've never been in your position (though i was very close to flashing this with the touch recovery last night and i would be in your boat as well).

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

I need this radio update, lucky I got a copy,:) ,but I need to make sure I do this right, first of all can some one confirm that they flashed successfully USING cwm 4.0.1.5 and newest backside??

locogod

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

Is there any way to boot from the micro SD bypassing the phones internal memory:'(

evox2008

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

No, seriously, I read all the thread's posts and willing to take the risk and update my radio (I run a regular CWM recovery)... When I flashed the hybrid PRL it did magic to my phone (probably my area - Detroit, Suburbs) so counting on this radio update to increase my signal as well...

So, to summarize - Leslie, there are many people who could kill for this radio update O:), Can we have a secret link? ;) ;)

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
No, seriously, I read all the thread's posts and willing to take the risk and update my radio (I run a regular CWM recovery)... When I flashed the hybrid PRL it did magic to my phone (probably my area - Detroit, Suburbs) so counting on this radio update to increase my signal as well...

So, to summarize - Leslie, there are many people who could kill for this radio update O:), Can we have a secret link? ;) ;)

there's still mine that I posted. Use that quickly before i too pull it. But you have to find it.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I still have the zip so a I just flashed it to my mom's phone. It does help with the 3g in this area so the radio update was needed, it is just the touch recovery killed peoples phones, and I'm thinking that it flashed the radio onto the firmware and not the radio image.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

there's still mine that I posted. Use that quickly before i too pull it. But you have to find it.

Found it, downloaded it. But I am sitting on it for now. In my area I could really use it but I don't flash stuff with out seeing how things pan out.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm on CWM 3.0.2.5 or something like that... can anyone confirm a good flash with that?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

I'd like to flash it because the only cell tower is a mile from my house and other people not on VM get four bars at my house while I get only one... I'm hoping this would change it... if I can find it and it works.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

personally, i think it's better that no one distributes this for two reasons:

1. there are at least 4 reports of phones completely bricked, possibly beyond repair.

2. we've all seen how many people continue to brick their phones by using ROM manager or by hitting the Factory Reset option even though there are warnings.

regarding #2 though, i'm a little disappointed by the reaction by some to the people that bricked their phones, including the "some people can't read or think" comment in the OP. i find myself pretty saavy with flashing and i'm always extra careful and thorough with reading directions, yet i was within a hare of flashing this thing in Touch Recovery this morning until i checked the comments one last time. i can't imagine breaking my phone and having to shell out money for a new one, and then being insulted on top of it.

not trying to spark any battles or anything, i just think we're all better than that.

Reactions: Teh_Gaberz

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Yes this definitely wasn't anything like ROM Manager, I agree. Its just sad that so many people had to brick. I don't think this was really anyone's fault since LealieAnn could have no way of knowing the touch recovery would flash this over the firmware or something like that. There was no warning signs to me about flashing this except that it was art of an update that was told would totally make our phones unrootable. If you see my post back on the first page "I'm Scared" and Curiousnoobs comment that he was too, we came out alive because we waitex to flash until we could see the results.

I'm very sad that this happened and I too don't want to see anyone, people posting links or the people flashing the radios made fun of.

Reactions: mjs2011
Status
Not open for further replies.