Stuck on 'Android' Screen; No Power Button

TheGreenPanda

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, just hit a snag with my device. My Optimus V has randomly decided to not boot past the 'Android' screen that follows the Virgin splash screen. It will stay one the screen for a good 5 minutes and then turn black. But the power is still on because the physical buttons stay illuminated.

I also have no power button, i dropped my phone recently and lost the use of that. I just do the "jump-start" method of plugging in and unplugging at the LG screen.

I am rooted, but with the stock rom and nothing else. I've been doing research but can't come across anything solid, so please help, thanks!! :)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Once the Android logo goes away, can you have someone call you or send you an SMS and see if it still vibrates / plays the notification sound?

You said you're on stock but rooted, are you okay with staying on stock? If so, there are a few ways you could try flashing the newest stock software that I'd be happy to go over with you. (Extra credit prep work: install ADB.)

Reactions: TheGreenPanda

TheGreenPanda

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Once the Android logo goes away, can you have someone call you or send you an SMS and see if it still vibrates / plays the notification sound?

You said you're on stock but rooted, are you okay with staying on stock? If so, there are a few ways you could try flashing the newest stock software that I'd be happy to go over with you. (Extra credit prep work: install ADB.)

I tried calling it, but just goes straight to my voicemail. And I haven't heard any text notifications neither. The stock software is fine with me, I just like to get my phone going again. I can't even get to my homescreen(s) to make a call/text message, it just stays on the 'Android' logo and eventually cuts to black..

+I'll locate an ADB installation tutorial for Mac, I'm a pc guy stuck on OS X, so we'll see how this goes.

Last edited:

TheGreenPanda

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I have been busy with work here lately and haven't had much time to try and install the ADB. I dabbled with it for about 30 mins a couple of days ago with some info I found online, but, certain pages have their own unique set of instructions on how to do it and what to install. I don't want to follow the wrong instructions and do something that would cripple the Mac.. would anyone happen to have a link to a set of directions that will enable me to install the ADB onto Mac OS X?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeeba