OV CM7 charging issue

Johnathon Rivas

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I flashed my first rom a few days ago on my Optimus (CM7 BobZhome). I liked everything about it at the moment, but after a day or two Iran into a problem. I plugged my phone into the charger when it was at about 45% before going to sleep, then in the morning when I checked the percentage it was down to 42%. Ive heard there are problems with charging on CM7. Are there any fixes? Any help is very much appreciated.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Go to Battery Use in Settings. See if there's a green charging bar near the bottom saying it was charging but not moving.

Also, turn the phone off and plug it in again to see if the charger actually works.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Generally, cm7 Rom, and in my opinion, BobZ in particular are fine with charging and sleep issues. If this keeps happening, I'd suggest some troubleshooting with your installation process. A good place to start is with what you're formatting and wiping before you install. Keep an eye on it, and if you keep having problems, let us know what recovery you're using, and what steps you used to install cm7.

Congrats on installing your first rom! You picked a great one!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

Johnathon Rivas

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
When I installed I wipe cache, then dalvik cache, then wipe data, flash CM7 zip, and I do gapps last. I'm using the cwm based recovery that I used when I rooted my phone after getting the zv9 update on it, and I've had to reinstall the rom about 4 times so far. And about the charging, I usually have to do battery pulls. It says something like "charging (72%)" and after awhile the percentage starts going down and I have to do battery pulls before I can get it to charge. Its very frustrating and I think I may just unroot and go back to stock froyo already.

Johnathon Rivas

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
And it's the same when I turn the phone off. It doesn't charge even though theres that little animated battery. The phone doesn't turn on unless I unplug it, otherwise it just keeps loading back to the animated battery charging screen. Is that supposed to happen?

johnh02

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
And it's the same when I turn the phone off. It doesn't charge even though theres that little animated battery. The phone doesn't turn on unless I unplug it, otherwise it just keeps loading back to the animated battery charging screen. Is that supposed to happen?

Yes that's supposed to happen on every phone so you can charge while phone is off

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I dont really believe you battery is done, as I had my battery for almost 2Years come March. Flash MiRaGe, or get a stronger cable :p

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
When I installed I wipe cache, then dalvik cache, then wipe data, flash CM7 zip, and I do gapps last. I'm using the cwm based recovery that I used when I rooted my phone after getting the zv9 update on it, and I've had to reinstall the rom about 4 times so far. And about the charging, I usually have to do battery pulls. It says something like "charging (72%)" and after awhile the percentage starts going down and I have to do battery pulls before I can get it to charge. Its very frustrating and I think I may just unroot and go back to stock froyo already.

Of course trying a new rom is free and you don't have to wait for it to ship. I say try another one. This time, make a backup, then wipe everything before you install, including system, boot, and everything else under storage.

If that doesn't work you may have to try new batteries/cables, but try the free easy stuff first.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

That is the Off Line Charge bug you are talking about, and with fixed a long time ago. What is the build date of the ROM you are using?

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with my old OV. Turned out to be the micro usb port on the phone. Lucky I was still under warranty, and VM replaced it free of charge. If your one year warranty is still good, I recommend calling Customer Service and let know what the problem is and get them to replace your phone.

Johnathon Rivas

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
The build date was May 20th, 2012. I flashed MiRaGe and I had the same problem, so I used another cable (one from my dads Casio Commando) and it charged fine. I'm probably just going to order another charger. Thanks for all the help though! the only other problem now is that it will say its charged and as soon as I unplug it, it says different, but at least I can deal with that.