[ROM] NOV-10-12 | ICySnap v1.0 PILOT | LGUI 3 | ICS 4.0.4 | SCOOP SOME ICE CREAM

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Ugh on TDM I can do basic oc 480/600 I don't crash all that much but it does freeze. SG3 has bout the same oc but just a tad bit more stable plus YouTube works on it ...I see what your saying but like we all no there is no perfect rom they all have there good and bad issues its all about your own personal choice

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Where talking everything working, everything. No crashes, auto reboots, freezes, or laggs.
How high can they be overclocked, or can they be overclocked at all?
Tell the truth now!

I can overclock at 806/480 with no problem on ics/jb but I have to run ics because my phone won't charge on GB and what's the SG3 rom?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I can overclock at 806/480 with no problem on ics/jb but I have to run ics because my phone won't charge on GB and what's the SG3 rom?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

It was brought to us by TGL its nice

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
The last screenshot on here shows that this ROM allows charging!!! Woot gonna try this right now BRB with result screenshot!

Sent from the CIA, Android department.

All roms Allow Charging.

It's more of a problem with the phone than the rom. If I was you, I would try the stock rom. If it charges, it's a problem with the phone flashing the rom. Few people have this problem only on certain roms. Works sometimes, then doesn't sometime.

You should go buy a new USB Charger. I had a few chargers that wouldn't work on my Optimus but on my sister's Wildfire S, and my Dad's ZTE Warp.

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
All roms Allow Charging.

It's more of a problem with the phone than the rom. If I was you, I would try the stock rom. If it charges, it's a problem with the phone flashing the rom. Few people have this problem only on certain roms. Works sometimes, then doesn't sometime.

You should go buy a new USB Charger. I had a few chargers that wouldn't work on my Optimus but on my sister's Wildfire S, and my Dad's ZTE Warp.

Haha I don't even want to see the stock ROM again lol.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You could flash a Froyo ROM to see if it's the ROM or the charging port.
I know for sure the Harmonia, Harmonious Bumblebee, and the Resurrected Bumblebee all have no charging problems. If your phone still has problems charging with one of those....the charging port might be borked.

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You could flash a Froyo ROM to see if it's the ROM or the charging port.
I know for sure the Harmonia, Harmonious Bumblebee, and the Resurrected Bumblebee all have no charging problems. If your phone still has problems charging with one of those....the charging port might be borked.

I've never ever had a charging issue until I hit the JB and ICS ROMs.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Assuming is a bad Idea with electronic devices. Proof is what you seek. Verify a known good standard first, Eliminate by proof that something works. This is how you troubleshoot when you have no test equipment that can give you an output reading (such as a logic probe, dual trace ossiliscope, ohm meter, etc.).

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. You say it happened on JB and ICS roms, but it doesn't hurt to check Froyo. It could be your charger, or just a slight issue.

You could use Sammy's unbrick method to get back to stock and start fresh.

As for this rom, I'm gonna see if I can find the zip I made for the most recent one. I want someone to test it with SD EXT Partition. See if it boots then.

wuzdat

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Is there any possibility that one of the great Devs we have around these forums could get this ROM to work on the LG Optimus Elite?

Sent from my LG-VM696 using X_Blue Tapatalk 2

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Possible Update coming today. I'll see if I can get it to boot, as an extended release dropped. Framework changes happened.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

kingseanrocks

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I was having a problem with apps dissapearing after rebooting with this rom and getting a android is upgrading screen. Does this have something to do with me flashing cronmods int2ext or something else.

vector84an

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Updating / Optimizing warnings mean your Dalvik Cache is being rebuilt (at least in part) - chances are pretty good it has something to do with the int2ext script or similar (dalvik2cache maybe?)
(there are many versions, and I haven't opened this ROM up to look inside and see what exactly is included... but it sure sounds like it would include its own script too)

Anyhow, assuming you removed the existing int2ext script before flashing another one... are you using the "fixed" one from cron at least?

PS: I'm just gonna toss out there that... I've seen a lot of problems like this related to int2ext scripts - I've been using the script posted by obijohn (page ~16 of the JBC/PAC thread over on the S forums) with some minor modifications (I think CM9 uses /data/nv instead of /data/nvram, or at least mine does... so I added that to the internal storage) - they seem to work more reliably for some users?
(or at least... I haven't had any of the strange problems people describe int2ext scripts potentially causing - obijohn's script uses bind mounts to keep nvram, properties and a few other things on internal storage, and /data/data if you want to keep that there too... my browser likes to eat all of my internal storage if I do that though... plus my SD card is 3x faster than my internal storage...)

But you do need a working 'rsync' binary for obijohn's to work - rsync your Android [asksven] - works, but it's statically linked and around 900K - so this wouldn't work on some roms with a very tightly packed /system partition (without removing something at least)

hapworth

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey TGL!

Found you on the GingerDX Thread and decided to give this a shot. The ROM is awesome! However, I'm running into a problem I've had with other ICS and up ROMS from the past. I think I tried BobZHome's Jellybean and ICS and it did the same...

So when the phone is on, it doesn't see my USB Charging Cable! I've tried plugging in to various outlets in my house, as well as my computer (My Optimus V could never sync up to a computer, fyi... but was always able to charge, even when plugged into a computer as power source) and tried multiple cables in my house that successfully charge the family's Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy, as well as older phones.

Other interesting issues... if the phone is shut off (which seems to require me to unplug the phone completely), as soon as I plug in the cable, the phone starts. However, again, no actual charging is taking place.

I'm going to test this but in the past, I believe if I boot into CWM and plug the cable in then, my phone does take a charge... However, it's kind of impractical if you can imagine!

I know that I'm not the only one who has experienced this issue and it's quite beyond me, but is there anyway I can help resolve this?

Thanks so much! You've given me a taste of ICS and I want more! I know you've been busy trying to revive this and make a new update, and this issue isn't exactly tops on your list... but thought you may have some ideas off the top of your head possibly!

Thanks!
-h

**Update: Original Post I made awhile back here with some new information, but no full solutions yet:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ted-upgrades-ics-jb-using-bobzhomes-roms.html

Last edited:

vector84an

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
EDIT: I had a comment about charging, but it doesn't belong here, moved it over to the thread linked above.

Sorry for the clutter.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez