Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 36373839
Like Tree23Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: [How-To] Root the LG Optimus V

If someone has this file, can you please share it? If the user requests it, it is their responsibility as far as what they do with it.
    --Chris [cole2kb]

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

I have it, but I will not upload it. he should use zv5. Ill upload it if Im positive he has an old screen.
    Guess whos coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post
    Why do you need this?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    but i dont know how to use it please help me
    and i dont know what is LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    is app please help me

Why do you need this?

please help me first i need to use this file Because there is no system in side the phone is stuck on lg logo and the secound i don't know how to use LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 please help me

Why do you need this?

can you provide us with ZV4.cab file please
    and i need it becu is stuck on lg logo screen

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

"Lg vm670 sent using tapatalk 2" is his signature.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

When did you buy the phone and from where? I'm trying to find out what type of screen you have. These phones were made with two different screens requiring different drivers. You have to help us help you.

lubuntu 12.04

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by hlosh_tnt View Post
    can you provide us with ZV4.cab file please
    and i need it becu is stuck on lg logo screen
    I don't have a ZV4.cab file. I've never messed around with basebands. There are a few people on this forum who are well versed in the process. SammyZ is one of them. You should send him a PM.

This space intentionally left blank.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Thanks for posing this information. I have an LG Optimus V and I am hating not having enough internal memory and the apps that were on the phone when I bought it. Google Maps is just outrages in size and not being able to put it on the SD card is a pain, and Mapquest is a better app..

Very very much a newbie here, and I'm embarassingly already stumped.

I'm following the original post on this thread in order to try to root my LG Optimus V.

First, under "things I'll need" - I downloaded and installed the Sun JDK. All good. Yay!

Next, I downloaded the Windows SDK bundle. I unzipped it into the c:/ folder -- it's called "adt-bundle-windows-x86_64". Inside that is "adt-bundle-windows". Inside that are two folders for "eclipse" and "sdk".

So the next thing the instructions tell me to do is open the SDK manager. Presumably, based on the instructions, for me that would be "c:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\SDK Manager.exe", but no such file exists. Nor in c:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\adt-bundle-windows either. Nor in the sdk folder inside of that. It's not obviously in "tools" or "platform-tools" inside THAT, either.

Did I install the Android SDK properly? Simply by copying and pasting the files into c:/, is that installing? If so, where is the SDK manager?

ROM
    The GODZILLA Rom

Quote Originally Posted by rooin515 View Post
    Very very much a newbie here, and I'm embarassingly already stumped.

I'm following the original post on this thread in order to try to root my LG Optimus V.

First, under "things I'll need" - I downloaded and installed the Sun JDK. All good. Yay!

Next, I downloaded the Windows SDK bundle. I unzipped it into the c:/ folder -- it's called "adt-bundle-windows-x86_64". Inside that is "adt-bundle-windows". Inside that are two folders for "eclipse" and "sdk".

So the next thing the instructions tell me to do is open the SDK manager. Presumably, based on the instructions, for me that would be "c:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\SDK Manager.exe", but no such file exists. Nor in c:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\adt-bundle-windows either. Nor in the sdk folder inside of that. It's not obviously in "tools" or "platform-tools" inside THAT, either.

Did I install the Android SDK properly? Simply by copying and pasting the files into c:/, is that installing? If so, where is the SDK manager?
    You need none of that now. Just Download an app called gingerbreak to root(:

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Gingerbreak don't work

Hm, should I try gingerbreak, or what is the best way to root the phone these days?
    adamhos likes this.

Hm, should I try gingerbreak, or what is the best way to root the phone these days?
    Follow this guide

[HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM
    [HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM

Thanked by:
    upconvert likes this.

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

What is your baseband? Gingerbreak works on all except zv9 so far

come to the dark side
    lubuntu 12.04

What is a baseband, and how do I find out what mine is?

What is a baseband, and how do I find out what mine is?
    Go to settings about phone software. Phone model should say vm670zv4 if zv4.

a little help, i was following the guide and i get to the point of chmod 555 busybox and it says "unable to chmod busybox no such file or directory"

and stupid me decided to go ahead and adb reboot, and then my phone goes to a black screen, and well....thats it. wont power on, or power off, and the lights under the buttons wont light up.

hmmm, nvm, after if bricked i pulled the battery and rebooted it, and now i have root, thanks.
    Last edited by Code Putnam; 01-07-2013 at 05:41 PM.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

EDIT: Info previously posted was not needed (didn't read last post all the way through).

Last edited by AndyOpie150; 01-08-2013 at 06:48 AM.

I know it's been 2 years since this thread started, but I just rooted my VM Optimus V late last night. Thanks so much Revolution Red! On the first try I didn't get the message that it rooted correctly. I went ahead with the rest of the steps, and nothing happened when I ran super user. I then did a hard reset and started over. I still didn't get the message but I followed the rest of the steps. I then remembered that I didn't install titanium back up. Once I did that and ran that first, it worked! Thanks so much. Now I just need to install the best ROM for the V.
    One more thing, can you point me in the right direction to get my Thrive tablet back to 3.0 from ICS? Half my apps freeze up now for some reason; I believe it has to do with the tablet not recognizing internet and GPS sometimes.

Well I tried what is written here and it too awhile to get to the point that I couldn't get SuperOneClick to run to completion or to the point that said it had temp root access. I tried everything I could think of from rebooting the phone to rerunning SuperOneClick (about 10 times) and still not luck. Didn't do any damage but didn't get it rooted either. I used the options on SuperOneClick as mentioned and also tried the Auto option neither worked. Right after rebooting the phone it went a little farther but then stopped dead. When I run SuperOneClick a second time it just hangs up at the same place

Just thought you'd like to know.

Jim
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

this thread is ancient
    superoneclick only works on the older OV's
    try gingerbreak, it's supposed to work on all but the newest version of the phone.
    in the sticky posts at the top of the rooting roms and hacks forum, are up-to-date methods.
    keep the wife happy with my dev time:
    donate!
    the THANKS button is quite acceptable if you're as stingy as me, too.
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 36373839