[How-To] Root the LG Optimus V

darknighte

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Do I have to leave usb debugging on? I have it off now.

Since I rooted yesterday my 3g connection has been crapping out, though the 3g icon is still there. Also, when I reconnect the phone through usb, the 'turn on usb mass storage' page flashes open and closed until I unplug and plug it back in. Just a few little buggy things that have happened since rooting yesterday.

Any thoughts?

Help?

I am having the same issue. I happen to have two of these phones. One is my wife's, so I have a direct comparison between the two. For some reason, the recently rooted phone is quite sluggish and has been having lots of problems with data in comparison to the non-rooted one.
Anyone else seeing this type of thing?

BTW, my phone shows the following versions:
android - 2.2.1
Baseband - VM670ZV4_60401001
Build Number - FRG83
HW - 1.2

nico003

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Does this method install a custom recovery? Will I be able to install a custom rom if I just follow the steps on the first page?

Thanks.

sadpanda

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The only real reason I wanted to root was to deleate the bloatware.

Now that I have deleated these apps, can I 'un-root'? If so, any help would be appreciated. I followed the steps in the first post in this forum.

If I do 'un-root' will I be able to keep these apps uninstalled? If I 'un-root', will I be able to get updated from VM or LG for gingerbread? (I hear that the optimus devices might get the update)

Thoughts/help?

autobotguy

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded everything but when I try to run android sdk it says I need to download a JDK, but I already did and installed it. I downloaded kit 6 update 24. Am I installing the wrong JDK?? Please help, new to android os.

I'm having the exact same problem here. Are we just supposed to down the JDK by itself, or do we need to install all the updates?

Nevermind....32 bit JDK works like a charm. :p

jenonfirex

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i did all this and after downloading titanium back up i checked to see if my phone was correctly rooted and when prompted to do the commads on Connectbot.. i get "whoami: not found" instead of whatever its suppose to tell me (sorry don't have the window open)

jjames42

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Rooted phone this past Sunday, could not have been easier. I did have an issue with the Android SDK not locating the JDK, but I read that if you backup one step and the try again it will find it, and it worked.

Now I just need to remove the preloaded apps.

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick question: Does wiping battery stats affect every rom? Say, if I flashed a newer updated one? Or is it stored in the nand?

What im getting at is if i restore a nand would i have to wipe battery stats again to "calibrate"? Are the stats stored on the nand or the phone itself?

Last edited:

Delrahim69

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I can't install win64 version of JDK, netbook won't let me.

What JDK do I install? I have SE development kit 6u24 installed but android sdk don't recognize it when trying to start SDK.

Someone please help, I want to root my phone.

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I cant even get the global driver installed so I cant even begin, and I have rooted before so I have some experience, I had a palm pre plus that I rooted and did it on first try, just the lg global driver is kicking my butt I cant seem to get it downloaded right.

greyspot

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Odd, I didn't even have to do the command line stuff after the 1click. Installed su and now I have permanent root after several reboots!