Rooted but can't install custom recovery!

MrMACHOMAN86

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I've tried everything to root my Optimus V and I finally got root after using Gingersnap.

Now im trying to install a custom recovery but ROMtools wont's work. I tried to install the SunJDK at the root of my pc and that doesn't work either. (When I install it in program files the Android SDK app did not recognize it)

What do you recommend I do?

*Can I install the custom recovery from my phone? If so can someone guide me through?*

Last edited:

MrMACHOMAN86

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

I did what you instructed, didn't work. So I scrolled down to Picasticks post and typed
find / -name flash_image into my phone only to get
find: not found.

So I followed his other commands to get cp not found.

Now I think I have to install busybox, can I do this from my phone.

EDIT: I solved it!! :D

*I want to kill myself lol, I cant root this Optimus V, but I rooted my other one with no problem!*

Last edited:

marco562

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
im having the same problemmm...i installed custom recovery to my old optimus v with no problem then i got a replacement phone and i cant install custom recovery menu...i rooted my replacement phone using gingerbreak..does any one know why this is happening??? i even tried using rom manager from the app market to install custom recovery but wasen able to install the recovery..i also tried the super one click n nothing

G.Monroy.92

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problem. I have rooted my phone and I can't install the custom recovery I tried flashing it and install it with RomTools and still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

linzoill

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Can't install using terminal emulator. Says "not found " when typing the recovery name. I installed it to root of my SD card and followed step by step but can't flash it this way. No idea. Using Jerry Scripts iho latest Backside Rom.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I ran into this issue with my recent OV i got. I figured out that I was missing the flash_image file... so just a recap . theres TWO files that you need in order to flash the recovery. Thats the flash_image file and the actual recovery ZIP... Also, if you make a mistake ( on terminal emu ) then I would recommend to start over from the top!

Reactions: linzoill

linzoill

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'll 2nd that. If your having problems with terminal emulator flash Image gui works fine

Can someone give me steps on this? What must I download? How do I do this? Is this a stand alone operation or do I need a computer?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You get flash Image gui from the market. It's a stand alone app you will just need a proper recovery img to flash

jabak3

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have an optimus v. bought it black Friday at target. I used the root thread at the top of the forum.

I rooted my phone using gingerbreak.
used root checker: Rooted

I installed the recovery img from link above.

super user, busybox are installed.

I heard that Flash image gui is a good tool for completing this part of rooting. However I have no credit card. is their a free app that does the same as flash image gui.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Not one I know of... There are however prepaid visa cards you can get. We have them at the speedway gas stations here.

RG570

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Unless I am misunderstanding you, but the Flash image gui app is free, just go into the "simplified root + recovery" sticky the links on page 1 in the. Install recovery step
I have an optimus v. bought it black Friday at target. I used the root thread at the top of the forum.

I rooted my phone using gingerbreak.
used root checker: Rooted

I installed the recovery img from link above.

super user, busybox are installed.

I heard that Flash image gui is a good tool for completing this part of rooting. However I have no credit card. is their a free app that does the same as flash image gui.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Unless I am misunderstanding you, but the Flash image gui app is free, just go into the "simplified root + recovery" sticky the links on page 1 in the. Install recovery step

Awww lol I paid .99$ for it on the market. Oh well... It was well worth it. The dev deserves it :)

jabak3

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah atm fyi flash gui app is 99¢ But it should be free gingerbreak should be the 99¢ one am I correct lol.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited: