Help with Onda Vi40?

rtrsounds

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to the whole rooting thing and what not, so just putting that out there. Here's the deal:

I recently purchased an Onda Vi40, and was told that it had Google Play installed. When the tab arrived, it did not have the market installed, and I can install no apps from the play.google site. I'd like to know if anyone here can figure out a way to install the market on this tablet.

I did see a video on youtube on how to do this, but many people in the comments stated that the method shown bricked their device. Any help regarding this issue would be greatly apprecaited, as I purchased this tablet for school, and many of the apps I need are unavailable to me at this time. Thank you!

jake608

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Depending on where you purchased your tablet would determine what you received. Most sellers now ship with updated firmware loaded. You can go to the official Onda site and download the latest firmware or try a site called TopnotchTablets. They have a better firmware but may not work on your tablet, they only guarantee it to work on the ones they sell. You also have to determine which version Vi40 you have a V1 or V3 makes a big difference. The first time you flash a new firmware you need to install the drivers, another step. Sounds likeva lot but is fairly simple and now there is a lot of support. When I received mine it was so new that support was non existent. Great tablet once it is set up. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non