Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

As many have said, when you go to Walmart you're "on your own." Don't expect anybody to know anything. Frequently the staff cannot even direct you to the correct area of the store. All other electronics' retailers, such as Best Buy, Fry's, Microcenter, Tiger Discount, etc. Have their tablet models on display, with quasi-knowledgeable sales personnel, but not at Walmart, unless it is Apple. They have a large display of tablets and accessories; then there is a much smaller area with every other tablet lumped together in about a five foot area . If these Hisense tablets become successful it will be in spite of Walmart. Even Sam's Club has as a better display for their tablets.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

Question for the owners: Does the vibration/haptic feedback motor on your's rattle or make noise when you press buttons? With vibration setting on, go to the home screen, mute the volume and press the back button a couple of times. Can you hear the motor in the upper corner of the tablet? The noise reminds me of squeezing a wet sponge... sorta

Quote Originally Posted by dejawoo View Post
    Question for the owners: Does the vibration/haptic feedback motor on your's rattle or make noise when you press buttons? With vibration setting on, go to the home screen, mute the volume and press the back button a couple of times. Can you hear the motor in the upper corner of the tablet? The noise reminds me of squeezing a wet sponge... sorta
    nope, don't experience that at all
    Last edited by Jim_in_VA; 06-10-2013 at 08:34 PM.

OK - After owning and really shaking the Pro down for eight days, I proclaim it a real keeper. My Nexus 7 is going to my wife. Only two not so greats with it from my perspective. Rear camera is very washy and' "blah." Also the screen is really a mess, oily and near impossible to get really clean (any tips for cleaning would be appreciated). Neither are a deal breaker for me though. A tip on the camera. Download an obscure app called, "lgCamera. " Play with White Balance and lower the exposure compensation to like -1 or -2 and you will likely see a leap in quality.

I watched a super HD version of" Despicable Me" via the hdmi out and it filled my 42 in. screen fully w-great sound to boot.

It seems like the wireless is faster than my N7 and has been rock solid.

This thing grows on me more each day. It's fast, crisp, feature-laden and to me, the build quality is excellent.

Be persistent and grab one when you can!
    Last edited by dougf4; 06-10-2013 at 11:27 PM.
    Thanked by:
    fotyc 
    bigdaddytee and NewSim7 like this.

Cool Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

Now what do y'all expect at walllyworld, an Einstein:-) well I sure didn't . but on my 2nd call a young lady was able to help me in great falls,mt. .got this thing Fri. And am tickled with it, fast, great display, works great off my iphone hotspot. What else can I ask for other price BTW its the pro. There was a guy that said something able the back on his being loose, well I figgered that out cause mine did the same thing today when I had it out in the hot sun but as soon as I got it back inside where it was kool it was fine, the plastic got hot and expanded then when it kooled diwn it was fine. Later y'all

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_in_VA View Post
    Unlike Best Buy, which puts all of the tablets on display and you can pickup and interact with. Walmart locks all the tablets in case - no interaction whatsoever with the products. Walmart has a loooong
    way to go before they know how to retail electronic devices like this.
    Unlike best buy I can not think of a person that likes being a retail clerk at Walmart. Plus I think Walmart has a higher theft rate then best buy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

So I bought on of the Sero 7 Pro today for my GF. I am rather impressed with the device it is fast and fun. I have a N7 and still more than happy with it so I am not changing but if I was in the market for a other I would be back to wally world

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Got my i-Blason Case yesterday. My Cockatiel found it delish and bit chunks out of it.

Someday I'll put a smart remark here...
    bigdaddytee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellular_Decay View Post
    Tried plugging my Sero 7 into an HD TV via HDMI and only got 480p output. What's up with that?

EDIT: Okay, tried it on a 1080p TV and it did output 1080p. First TV was 720p, but it only output 480p. Guess it can't do 720p output.

Picture quality @ 1080p was disappointing. It underscans the picture leaving large black borders, and the reduced resolution is very noticable.
    I have no problem with the output on my 46 inch samsung. I did change settings in the TV so that the top notification bar wasn't cut in half, and by doing that I'm left with about 2 or 3 inch bars on each side but the quality is good. I have no problems with the bars, the picture is still really big. I also put the TV in game mode to turn off any processing that the TV may do.

Quote Originally Posted by mogrith View Post
    Got my i-Blason Case yesterday. My Cockatiel found it delish and bit chunks out of it.
    Pics or it didn't happen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre130 View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen!!!

Bird is not here so not in pic.

bigdaddytee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mogrith View Post
    Bird is not here so not in pic.
    Bird is in time-out? (hopefully not in the freezer.... ;-) )

Is there anyone in the Atlanta area who has experience with rooting and such Why are are my question marks upside down sometimes? Didn't do it this time...lol ??????? Im Using dolphin browser.

I have the same live wallpaper! Like the fish.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app
    Axe

ROM
    Reborn ROM, CM9 Touchpad

Quote Originally Posted by redneckerson View Post
    I had it out in the hot sun but as soon as I got it back inside where it was kool it was fine, the plastic got hot and expanded then when it kooled diwn it was fine. Later y'all
    I noticed this with my Nook Color.

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700 View Post
    Bird is in time-out? (hopefully not in the freezer.... ;-) )
    uncool No just at work and bird at home.

I like feeding the koi on the wallpaper

got one today at the local Walmart. Looked like they have about 10 of them, with maybe 5 LTs sitting in a case. I just got a clerk and pointed to the case where they were, didn't ask him any questions. Compared to the Ainol Venus 7 I've been using, the Sero Pro is slightly bigger and heavier, but build quality seems better. I have a question, how can I uninstall the native apps? Some of them I can do it through the "app info" but others don't have an "uninstall option".

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brooks View Post
    got one today at the local Walmart. Looked like they have about 10 of them, with maybe 5 LTs sitting in a case. I just got a clerk and pointed to the case where they were, didn't ask him any questions. Compared to the Ainol Venus 7 I've been using, the Sero Pro is slightly bigger and heavier, but build quality seems better. I have a question, how can I uninstall the native apps? Some of them I can do it through the "app info" but others don't have an "uninstall option".
    XDA has Rom with about 80meg of apps removed.

Not tried it yet but it sounds good maybe this weekend.

bigdaddytee likes this.

Thanks mogrith. I don't know much about ROMs etc. Is it something easy to do? I may give it a try now before I get too many apps loaded in case I have to rest everything

I've done it on several tablets before. It's not to bad. But you do have to install some free software and drivers on a PC to download a new bootloader then update the rom.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantaacman View Post
    Is there anyone in the Atlanta area who has experience with rooting and such Why are are my question marks upside down sometimes? Didn't do it this time...lol ??????? Im Using dolphin browser.
    ?? Question marks are upside down because you have a heavy hand. This is an issue for me too. I was not able to position the cursor for editing because I was holding the key down too long. A light touch is needed.

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

It has a microphone and its a decent one picks up sound very well. Google now works
    better on here than Nexus 7! I am surprised by the performance of this cheap tablet.

I have this one on order. They are taking forever to ship though.

Sent from the Massive Galaxy Note 2
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast