what's better....note 4 or s6

bs5283

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
My main sticking point is the processor. Someone tried telling me the note 4 was only a quad core but I'm reading it has the same octo-core as the s6. Now, I'm upgrading regardless. I went from the s4 to droid maxx and I miss my expandable memory so I'm leaning on the note 4. Plus I want something w a big screen. Anyone have an opinion? What do you prefer

Posted via the Android Central App

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
My main sticking point is the processor. Someone tried telling me the note 4 was only a quad core but I'm reading it has the same octo-core as the s6. Now, I'm upgrading regardless. I went from the s4 to droid maxx and I miss my expandable memory so I'm leaning on the note 4. Plus I want something w a big screen. Anyone have an opinion? What do you prefer

The US version has a Quad core 2.7 snapdragon 805
The European version has an Octacore 1.9 / 1.3 i dont think its the same cpu as this years S6.

Sent from my Awesome Note Quatro

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I went from the s4 to droid maxx and I miss my expandable memory so I'm leaning on the note 4. Plus I want something w a big screen.

Sounds like you already have an answer in mind... As far as CPU, expandable memory and larger screen go doesn't the Note 4 win out on at least 2 of those?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I've never used the S6, but I did have an S5. The Note 4 performs better than the S5 did, but I think that's largely due to the fact that the Note is a newer phone. I suspect that there are some performance improvements on the S6 that are better than the Note since the S6 is also a newer phone. And then the Note 5 will likely perform better than the S6 and so on and so forth.

When deciding between the Note 4 and S6, go with the phone that best suits your wants and needs. If you want a big screen, go with the S6. If you want a bigger screen, go with the Note 4.

I prefer the Note 4 drastically over my S5. It was a decent phone, but I found it to be a little glitchy and the mutli-tasking ability of it isn't anything compared to my Note. I'll probably never go back to a Galaxy S series phone ever again. If I ever become dissatisfied with Note phones, then I'll probably just go back to Apple.

etdoner

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
S6 thrashes both snapdragon and exynos note 4 in cpu benchmarks. Just search for synthetic benchmarks over Google.

Will Beasley

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I haven't owned a S6 but I love my note 4. The screen is huge which is great for watching movies. I actually use my S-Pen when I have my phone on a stand. Also, it looks much better in multi tasking. Last reason I went Note 4 (like many have said) is the expandables, both battery and memory. S6 has slightly better battery, camera and CPU but not so much so that most people would notice. Both cameras are 16MP just one is a newer model. The battery boost would probably be nice although it sucks you can't carry a 2nd battery around on the S6. It's all preference in if you like a phablet or not because everything else isn't a big enough difference to matter.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

The phones are totally different and attract different users. The Note 4 does so many things the S6 doesn't. The S line of phones are phones, the Note 4 is more than a phone.

2high4u

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
People pointed out about the processors : Europeans get the octocore model while the US version is quadcore.

I've upgraded from my s4 to note 4 mainly for the screen and battery. Due to the larger screen, multimedia content is more enjoyable (and the screen doesn't consume more battery) and the battery life is outstanding! I get about 5-7h of screen on time while my s4 can barely reach 2h30. According to my friend's s6, he's getting about 3-5 screen on time. Here's the pros and cons you might have with the note 4 over the s6

Pro :
1. Bigger display
2. Better battery
3. S-pen
4. Expandable memory (don't forget pictures and videos nowadays takes large space due to resolution)

Cons :
1. Speed (the S6 is faster and less laggier than the note 4 that is due to less bloatware but don't get me wrong the note 4 is still fast)
2. Better camera (5mp front facing and the rear 16mp camera is stunning, the only thing i find that outperforms the note 4 is in low light condition as there's a little more details but both cameras are good and has OIS but the s6 is slightly better)
3. Form factor as some may find the note 4 a little bit bulkier (as for myself, coming from s4 which is the same size as s6 I don't see any inconvenient as i'm a guy and has larges pockets.

That's about it, but i'd suggest you to wait to see what the note 5 has to offer. There's going to be some leaks around in not so long so stay tuned ;) If not, either phone is good so it comes down to your preference! Don't forget the note's series is for power users while the S line is more for the mainstream. Since the note 5 may come around september, it'll outperform the s6 for sure, the question remains about expandable memory and battery tho.

I hope this help!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It's almost guaranteed that the S6 is a better device on paper. It's newer, so it will have every typical smartphone feature that the Note has, but better. So what it comes down to, is how important the S pen features are to you. If you need the added functionality of the Note 4, then the Note is better. But just based on standard specifications, the S6 is better. Personally I prefer the Note 4.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It's almost guaranteed that the S6 is a better device on paper. It's newer, so it will have every typical smartphone feature that the Note has, but better. So what it comes down to, is how important the S pen features are to you. If you need the added functionality of the Note 4, then the Note is better. But just based on standard specifications, the S6 is better. Personally I prefer the Note 4.

On paper the S5 was better than the Note 3 because of processor speed.

In reality it wasn't.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the user. I have used both and the Note 4 is definitely geared more towards a power user. Of course one can still get it and be a casual user but they mainly add all those features so people can multi-task and use that S-Pen. The S6 is still a great smartphone.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
On paper the S5 was better than the Note 3 because of processor speed.

In reality it wasn't.

Fair enough, but we're not talking about the S5 and Note 3. I know you're mentioning it as a caution against taking what's on paper as being reality, but Samsung has changed a lot with the Note 4 and continued that with the S6.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough, but we're not talking about the S5 and Note 3. I know you're mentioning it as a caution against taking what's on paper as being reality, but Samsung has changed a lot with the Note 4 and continued that with the S6.
I'm talking about the danger in comparing processor speeds on two different phone to determine which is the best. The Note 4 and S6 really can't be compared, they are truly different phones.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm talking about the danger in comparing processor speeds on two different phone to determine which is the best. The Note 4 and S6 really can't be compared, they are truly different phones.

I thought you were referring to my comment in it's entirety and not just the processor. My bad. For me, there's more to a device than the speed of the processor so I take it all into account. One phone might have some lag and be a hair slower, but if the camera is a lot better and the screen quality is noticeably superior, I would consider that device better.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've never felt constrained by the processor on the Note 4. It's fast and responsive. A faster processor would frankly mean the phone is waiting for me more.

I'd personally value a replaceable battery, expandable memory, larger screen, and S-Pen over better scores on artificial benchmarks. :)

Now, the S6 has a lot more to recommend it. Smaller, lighter, newer lightweight TouchWiz, probably a half dozen things that aren't coming to mind.

But nothing nice enough for me to want to move to a sealed-battery, non-expandable Samsung without an S-Pen.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've never felt constrained by the processor on the Note 4. It's fast and responsive. A faster processor would frankly mean the phone is waiting for me more.

I'd personally value a replaceable battery, expandable memory, larger screen, and S-Pen over better scores on artificial benchmarks. :)

Now, the S6 has a lot more to recommend it. Smaller, lighter, newer lightweight TouchWiz, probably a half dozen things that aren't coming to mind.

But nothing nice enough for me to want to move to a sealed-battery, non-expandable Samsung without an S-Pen.
Yes I understand that and agree with you, but many tech people spouted the S5 as superior solely due to processor speed. They were also comparing apples to oranges, the lines are really geared towards different users.

I prefer the Note line over the S lines, others will be the opposite.

bs5283

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I was enevitabally going to get a note 4 and purchase the extended battery. I'm not afraid of bulk. Every Galaxy S xx device I've had I've slapped and ex battery into. My job basically has me on my phone constantly and doing so many things, this is why I was gearing on the note but I'm a techie at heart and I always want the best device there is hence why i was also looking at the 6 ...my wife hates me for it but I love it

2high4u

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
You can apparently get 3-5 days with the zerolemon case for note 4 that comes with a 10 000 mah battery lol can't beat that for sure

way2broke

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Don't forgot, note 4... Removable battery, much better battery life to start with, SD card... Still relatively new. S-pen....