I have Recieved my Pixel C... Impressions

Jason Rossi

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Just unboxed and fired up my pixel. I love everything about it. To hell with the Verge review LOL. I don't have any of the performance things they were harping on, and I have already used this professionally today.

Three things bug me but NONE of these 3 are show stoppers:

1) The USB C changer is hard wired to the transformer... not the power adaptor + cable most devices use. Dammit now I need to buy one for car, home, office etc

2) The screen when attached to the keyboard wiggles when I tap something. OK, credit to the Verge review, that is a legit prob... but again I can live with it (every windows 8 laptop touchscreen does the same except Surface)

3) This is not really a gripe but just an expected growing pain with a gen1 product: When the keyboard is stuck to the back the tablet the handing experience feels far too thick. Just a tactile observation, I often climb ladders for a living (or otherwise navigate job sites) and LOVE having somewhere to put the keyboard (that was a limitation of my surface pro). This will no doubt be addressed in Gen2 and again not a huge deal.

Overall I love this thing, and the android OS holds up just fine as a laptop (I am RDP to windows and linux servers for work). This is worth every penny, form factor and size are great, and it is fast as heck! All as advertised, in fact.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your initial impressions. I have a question.

Can you test the keyboard when it is attached to see if there are any disconnects? there were a few reviewers that stated there would be hangups here and there and it would not register input for a second then it would over register the input. I have a theory on the potential issue (if it is one) and I am just curious if you are experiencing it as well.

Said theory: Google Pixel C - Post #135

Jason Rossi

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your initial impressions. I have a question.

Can you test the keyboard when it is attached to see if there are any disconnects? there were a few reviewers that stated there would be hangups here and there and it would not register input for a second then it would over register the input. I have a theory on the potential issue (if it is one) and I am just curious if you are experiencing it as well.

Said theory: Google Pixel C - Post #135

Not saying they didn't have that experience, but I have not, typed all of this and the above on Pixel C. Also walked around the job site, using it as tablet and with keyboard. Granted, I have used it for 3 hours thus far. But it is ALL GOOD. Don't take my word for it, wait for some others to take delivery and corroborate.

I *think* that similar to auditors and movie reviewers, tech reviewers have to find "something" in order to be relevant. As an end user - I again say ALL GOOD and very pleased.

Last edited:

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Not saying they didn't have that experience, but I have not, typed all of this and the above on Pixel C. Also walked around the job site, using it as tablet and with keyboard. Granted, I have used it for 3 hours thus far. But it is ALL GOOD. Don't take my word for it, wait for some others to take delivery and corroborate.

I *think* that similar to auditors and movie reviewers, tech reviewers have to find "something" in order to be relevant. As an end user - I again say ALL GOOD and very pleased.

That is awesome news! Thanks! :D

I agree. A lot of reviewers try to find something and sometimes its like group-think where they all subconsciously fixate on one thing and it is an open and shut case for them.

Jason Rossi

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Regarding the display it is nice, crisp etc. It does have a glare like all tablets. But it is cloudy and rainy here so don't know about direct sunlight. One thing I should have mentioned earlier: I was seriously concerned about the weight and form factor while one handing it. I am relieved that it is great in one hand! Just as comfortable as my nexus 9 in fact... awesome!!!

The screen is REALLY square. It doesn't bug me, it is just less of a rectange and more of a square than every other tablet. I knew that going in but now seeing it, the square is very obvious. Again doesn't bug me and I like the real estate, just funny what you notice.

I am now convinced after 5 hours of work use of the following:

a) I love slapping the keyboard on the back as I am working around this job site!

b) I sat down for lunch and was reading ESPN... and within a few minutes I ditched the keyboard on the back.

The tactile thing I mentioned earlier isn't my preference. So I say kudos for the option (I have been utilizing it and loving it all day) but the bulk and weight it adds... fine for work, not fine for play.

Still no keyboard disconnects, and I still love this thing.

***sent from Pixel C***

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87