Wild Bellossom captured!

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
True event, I saw it on the man’s phone. Two hours later, it was missing.

We were at a local park where everything can spawn. Everything in every evolved form at one time or another. We were capturing a lot of the holiday spawns, Chancey, Likitung, Jiggly… My pokey buddy was standing beside my car, I was inside sitting. I had just captured a Likitung and he asked “Did you get it too?” He showed me a Bellossom on his phone! I looked and did not see it anywhere. He looked and he did not see the Likitung, the Bellossom was right where it had been. I admit I was a little pissed I didn’t get it also because we were right there together. When he went to show it to some others, it was missing and a Likitung was where it should be in his bag, using the “L” sort function.

Near as we can figure, I was capturing something and he was on the spot when it first spawned. When I finished transferring my capture it had either de-spawned or turned into the Likitung. Since he captured it as the Bellossom, there was no Likitung for him to capture. Niantic must have realized the accident and recalled it, replacing it with the original Likitung. It was around 500 CP, no idea on the moveset. I did not think to take a picture, neither of us did, as we thought perhaps the second gen spawn were just being released with the holiday event.

And no, this is not a man to ‘cheat’ or have another account on another server which already has second gen. He is a retired gentleman like myself and we have caught a lot of Mon together at lots of different parks. If he told me he caught one, and I did not see it, I might have been a bit skeptical but would take him at his word. But… I did actually see it on his phone.

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Forgot to add…

I asked what pokedex # it was. We looked and it did not show in his pokedex, right after he captured it. He did not get the “new pokemon captured” animation or bonus either. It was as if he captured something he already had.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the story @wwwoodchuck :D

Its a pity you did not do a quick screen capture of the Pokemon being caught, That would have been awesome!. I did hear something similar about some girl catching one of the legendary Pokemon or something like that and then it was taken away. I presume there was some sort of glitch in the game and a Pokemon was released that shouldn't have been :D

I sill find the game so much fun and i cant wait to start playing again in March.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I find this believable. Could mean they're getting close to releasing generation 2... Or at least those that evolve from generation 1 Pokémon, which would make sense as a next wave. Then again it could mean nothing.

As annoyed as you were when he caught it and you didn't, I'll bet his irritation was ten times greater when he caught it and it disappeared!

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Yes, he was a little perturbed when it disappeared.

I still enjoy the game even though at level 37 it is a grind to get to level 38. Also powering up anything takes a lot of stardust for each half-level power-up. It does get a little tedious capturing the same Pokémon over and over and over... Some new Mon to go after would make it more fun.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Probably part of the new update coming this week with 80 new Pokemon. It may have slipped out early and they realized the mistake and corrected it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress