S24u vibrant display?

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
So... All the issues surrounding the very bland display supposedly... Has it been fixed? I am considering "upgrading," to the S24u from my S21u, but I don't want to if the display is trash or a downgrade.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I don't really understand why this is something they did in the first place.
Samsung has kind of always given people the option to have either a natural or vivid display.
I've always liked my display nice and punchy personally.
Also, how is the bezel ratio on the S24u compared to previous devices with a curve since the display is completely flat now?

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
So... All the issues surrounding the very bland display supposedly... Has it been fixed? I am considering "upgrading," to the S24u from my S21u, but I don't want to if the display is trash or a downgrade.
Bro screen was never trash or downgrade
Screen is amazing and anti reflective Coating is amazing
Display is bright is very clear
Just samsung went with natural colors
Most people loved it
But samsung fixed it smartly with a slider for vividness

Last edited:

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Once again, that doesn't seem to be the general consensus.... A lot of people were not happy with it. I think I've seen more people unhappy than happy.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Once again, that doesn't seem to be the general consensus.... A lot of people were not happy with it. I think I've seen more people unhappy than happy.
Well, you'd see more people complain when not happy than you do when they are happy. The whole S24 series had the non-working vividness issue, but I never liked the super over-saturated look, so I was happy with it. I didn't know there was a problem until the complaints started showing up online.

I would post that I liked the regular look, but only in threads from those who did complain.

Now, I did see some good examples of some Ultras that had the graininess issue with dark gray colors that was likely different thing altogether. Close-up views of the screen showed an inconsistent lighting of individual screen pixels.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
As already stated, Samsung pushed a fix by added a slider to vivid mode. But seriously, the only person that's going to be able to tell if it's enough for you is you.
Isn't there some outlet where you can handle the phone, look at the bezel, check the display settings & see if there's a slider for the vivid, Adjust it & see for yourself! A Best Busy, a carrier, a friend?

Just saying... 😃

Screenshot_20240312_105924_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20240312_110004_Settings.jpg

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
A lot of people in this and other forums and Reddit didn't like it. Don't conflate what you read here and in Reddit or other forums like XDA as what normal people think or are saying.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I think humans are getting more petty as generations change
If something is 99% amazing 1% not amazing
People only focus on that 1%
No phone is perfect or car
Just buy what suits your need
I sold my S23 ultra to get S24 ultra
Using s24 ultra and Fold 5
Dint know any difference is screen
Or cared soo much

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I think humans are getting more petty as generations change
If something is 99% amazing 1% not amazing
People only focus on that 1%
No phone is perfect or car
Just buy what suits your need
I sold my S23 ultra to get S24 ultra
Using s24 ultra and Fold 5
Dint know any difference is screen
Or cared soo much
You can thank Social Media for that. And...yes, Android Central is a Social Media platform.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't really understand why this is something they did in the first place.
Samsung has kind of always given people the option to have either a natural or vivid display.
I've always liked my display nice and punchy personally.
Also, how is the bezel ratio on the S24u compared to previous devices with a curve since the display is completely flat now?
I find it easier to swipe type with the flat display. The use of the S Pen is definitely better with the flat display.

Reactions: mustang7757

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
A lot of people in this and other forums and Reddit didn't like it. Don't conflate what you read here and in Reddit or other forums like XDA as what normal people think or are saying.
So people on this forum, other forums, reddit, you-tube, and I'm sure other various sources, didn't like it? And that's not even counting other sources that are unknown that may have issues with the display as well. That's a lot of people then, is it not? Your post is contradictory.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
So people on this forum, other forums, reddit, you-tube, and I'm sure other various sources, didn't like it? And that's not even counting other sources that are unknown that may have issues with the display as well. That's a lot of people then, is it not? Your post is contradictory.
The majority of cell phone users could care less about those of us who hang out on Reddit, Android Central, or XDA. Those "other sources" are doing nothing more click-bate sites that are repeating what they read in Android Central, XDA, and Reddit. The people who hang out here and other tech forums are a really small percentage of the user base. Just because you see a few people here talking about an issue, doesn't mean the majority of users care.

This is first and foremost, a social media platform. People here will state their opinions as facts and get angry when you obfuscate their opinion with facts.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
As for the "display issue." As been previously stated. It was not a hardware problem. Samsung made the conscious decision to make it look more natural. It probably did that because it got user feedback indicating people liked the more natural look.

Historically, Samsung displays' colors were over saturated on purpose, to give them more "pop." The human eye is drawn to vibrant colors. To the human eye, vibrant bright colors mean healthy and edible. Think about that as you walk through the produce section of a grocery store. Or look at how cereal boxes are so vivid and colorful.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
The majority of cell phone users could care less about those of us who hang out on Reddit, Android Central, or XDA. Those "other sources" are doing nothing more click-bate sites that are repeating what they read in Android Central, XDA, and Reddit. The people who hang out here and other tech forums are a really small percentage of the user base. Just because you see a few people here talking about an issue, doesn't mean the majority of users care.

This is first and foremost, a social media platform. People here will state their opinions as facts and get angry when you obfuscate their opinion with facts.
The only one here stating "facts," is you. You have no truth to any of these claims and don't speak for others, regardless of what reasoning you have or how you state it.

Last edited:

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
How many people do you know who love their phone/screen and post about it? On the other hand if 5 people hate their phone/screen then they post it everywhere making it look like it's hundreds of people. SMH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco24