Photos taken by the Pixel Fold.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Or, since there's many of us here who view this here thread of yours, and who enjoy seeing your :cool: photo's, I suppose that 9 or more of us could donate $3 ea. 🤑 ;) I wonder if we can send the $$ to AC —for them to forward to you? :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: FF22

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@winmod21

Actually, now would be the time to visit since I can use my handicap parking pass and save a few steps! They probably do have a free day or two but then the crowds would be nuts. Actually, I can afford it on my nice fixed income. It might be a good test of my knee walking around. I need a map and see if I can figure out distances. It is actually within walking distance of my house if I were up to snuff. It is between 1 and 1 1/4 mile one way from home.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
@winmod21

Actually, now would be the time to visit since I can use my handicap parking pass and save a few steps! They probably do have a free day or two but then the crowds would be nuts. Actually, I can afford it on my nice fixed income. It might be a good test of my knee walking around. I need a map and see if I can figure out distances. It is actually within walking distance of my house if I were up to snuff. It is between 1 and 1 1/4 mile one way from home.
So you're sayin' there's a chance, huh !? 😁

I'm absolutely shocked at some most of the Seattle [touring & sightseeing locals] admission prices! 😲 I don't think admission prices were even half that high when we left!
What'd Seattle do, triple their prices on everything during the covid pandemic.... and then leave all prices tripled afterwards?!

"From" $37 per person @ Chihuly Garden & Glass ?! 😲

. . . And $34 to $41 for an adult [and $27 for children 4~13 yrs] @ the Seattle Aquarium ! 😲

Last edited:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
😜 No, but my wife tells me all the time that I'm still living in the 80's & 90's! :ROFLMAO: Price-wise, that is. :unsure:

Last edited:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
FMIB_45044_Marine_Supply_Co,_Pier_1,_Seattle,_U_S_A_-_Ship_Chandlery,_Marine_Hardware,_Canner...jpeg
Unknown author - Marine Supply Co., Pier 1, Seattle, U. S. A. : Ship Chandlery, Marine Hardware, Cannery and Engineers' Supplies, Pacific Fisherman Year Book 1918, Seattle, WA : 1918, p. 113
Public domain
This is a photograph from the Freshwater and Marine Image Bank at the University of Washington. Materials in the Freshwater and Marine Image Bank are in the public domain. No copyright permissions are needed. Acknowledgement of the Freshwater and Marine Image Bank as a source for borrowed images is requested.

Not sure if the photographer used a 'Fold' camera, or not, but I thought the picture was cool, and for no other reason than I'm trying to remember were Pier No.1 is located :unsure:, I decided to post it. Hope you don't mind. 😜
Anyways, it must be down by the huge container cranes & shipping area, huh?
Have your biking ambulations taken you that far south?

Last edited:

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 361979
Unknown author - Marine Supply Co., Pier 1, Seattle, U. S. A. : Ship Chandlery, Marine Hardware, Cannery and Engineers' Supplies, Pacific Fisherman Year Book 1918, Seattle, WA : 1918, p. 113
Public domain
This is a photograph from the Freshwater and Marine Image Bank at the University of Washington. Materials in the Freshwater and Marine Image Bank are in the public domain. No copyright permissions are needed. Acknowledgement of the Freshwater and Marine Image Bank as a source for borrowed images is requested.

Not sure if the photographer used a 'Fold' camera, or not, but I thought the picture was cool, and for no other reason than I'm trying to remember were Pier No.1 is located :unsure:, I decided to post it. Hope you don't mind. 😜
Anyways, it must be down by the huge container cranes & shipping area, huh?
Have your biking ambulations taken you that far south?
Not been that far south in a while. Years ago did the West Seattle Bridge. Oh, wait, I've done the UPPER and lower. The Upper when a friend and I snuck on it before it officially opened. The lower bridge on a jaunt to a friend's house in West Seattle. I use to commute to Renton by bike mainly along Lake Washington Blvd and Rainier Ave but on occasion we would vary the route and take Airport Way. But still that was more than a while ago.

Reactions: winmod21

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Not been that far south in a while. Years ago did the West Seattle Bridge. Oh, wait, I've done the UPPER and lower. The Upper when a friend and I snuck on it before it officially opened. The lower bridge on a jaunt to a friend's house in West Seattle. I use to commute to Renton by bike mainly along Lake Washington Blvd and Rainier Ave but on occasion we would vary the route and take Airport Way. But still that was more than a while ago.
Woooooooo-wee. Boy, that was some miiiighty long a-communtin' and a-ridin'! :D

We used to ride from our Lakeridge neighborhood, up Rainier Ave, then Seward Park Ave, up past Pritchard Beach to Seward Park, then up Lk Washington Blvd to Lakeside Ave, then up past Leschi and Madrona Parks, and up to and thru the Arboretum to the UW, and back, rather often. Sometimes riding as far as Green Lake and the Zoo, and back.
But I think those rides, and into Seattle & Queen Anne Hill were probably some of my longest adolescent rides, on my banana yellow Schwinn Super Sport 10 speed, of which took a looooong time for my Seattle Times & Post Intelligencer paper route job to pay for. :rolleyes:

@FF22

. . . Btw, do you watch Le Tour de France every July? :cool:

So I really admire your commuting stamina! ;) 🚴‍♀️ 🏆🥇

Last edited:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
@FF22

I've never tasted a shrimp omelette! 🤔
When I saw the shrimp on the cutting board pic, I said, "Hmm-uh!" 👀...🤔😕😆😉

Looks like it was a very enjoyable low-tide walk yesterday. Nice pics. 😁

This morning on CBS Saturday Morning, there was a story about a Chilean guy who walks his local Chilean beaches sweeping a metal detector wand in front off him as he walks. He claims, in his online posts, to find an average of $200 a week! 😯

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@FF22

I've never tasted a shrimp omelette! 🤔
When I saw the shrimp on the cutting board pic, I said, "Hmm-uh!" 👀...🤔😕😆😉

Looks like it was a very enjoyable low-tide walk yesterday. Nice pics. 😁

This morning on CBS Saturday Morning, there was a story about a Chilean guy who walks his local Chilean beaches sweeping a metal detector wand in front off him as he walks. He claims, in his online posts, to find an average of $200 a week! 😯
The shrimp omelet is my way of salvaging Whole Foods shrimp if I've not depleted them in shrimp cocktails. As they start to go "off" I chop them, figuring the heat will deal with the WHATEVERS in the omelet making. With variations on the theme. (see, that's my bacteriologist background dealing the the slime mold or bacteria that affects them after x number of days). Probably still somewhat food poisoning risky but...

I was paging through my apps on my phone and saw the Tide App and looked and there was a low tide in about and hour. Off I drove to Discovery Park. Unfortunately, I'm currently fortunate enough to have a temporary Handicap Placard so I can drive down to the limited parking at the beach. In the old days, six months ago, I would walk the loop and add the descent/ascent to the beach sometimes at low tide and sometimes just because the beach beckoned. The beach and lighthouse are always a nice diversion.

I owned a metal detector briefly (Amazon gladly accepted the return) when I was trying to located the underground conduit or cable or wire running from my house to the detached garage. I never could locate it. I know where it enters the garage but not where it leaves the house or its route under the side yard. I did find the old sprinkler system!!!!

Reactions: winmod21

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
@FF22

Btw, do you classify that as an omelette, or frittata?

Sounds like a good plan for shrimp in fridge! 👍
Ours don't ever last long enough in the fridge, to get old-ish, cuz I can't ever stop dippin' em in McCormick's! 😋
And I don't know what I'd do . . .if they didn't sell McCormick's over here! 😊 As it was very sad and shocking to find out that no one stocked/sold Uncle Dan's . . over in these here parts. 😱

Hmmm . . . McCormick's in a shrimp omelette or frittata? 🤔 😋

Last edited:

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@winmod21

"Btw, do you classify that as an omelette, or frittata?"

Excellent question. I don't care. I just prepare and eat it! I guess an omelet gets filled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martinst-uk