Nandroid backup with Titanium Backup. How do I do it?

MustangDan74

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I finally got myself unlocked and rooted, I've read the next step should be a full Nandroid backup. I have Titanium Backup but am not seeing an option for a full system backup. Am I blind?

Thanks-Dan

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Nandroid backups are created using whichever custom recovery you flashed (Amon Ra or CWM). Titanium backup does not provide this function

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
If you're interested, you can backup all your apps + data with titanium using "Batch" mode.

Once in the app tap the backup/restore tab, then after all the apps load hit the menu button (the phones menu button) and batch mode should be one of the options. Pick the batch mode you want and let her go.

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
One thing to think about also: all your apps ARE backed up when you do a nand backup, you can use APPEXTRACTOR from the market to restore them from a full nand backup.

I use it because it saves tons of sd space not using titanium backup on top of your full system backups.

Rootzound

Reactions: GSDer and piaband

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
One thing to think about also: all your apps ARE backed up when you do a nand backup, you can use APPEXTRACTOR from the market to restore them from a full nand backup.

I use it because it saves tons of sd space not using titanium backup on top of your full system backups.

Rootzound

I was really referring to titanium for restoring apps after you jump from ROM to ROM.

Haven't ever heard of appextractor...ill have to give that a try.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I was really referring to titanium for restoring apps after you jump from ROM to ROM.

Haven't ever heard of appextractor...ill have to give that a try.

I've wondered about this, actually. I see a disclaimer/warning on tons of ROMs saying not to restore apps or data, so I end up re-downloading all of my apps. It's a pain in the ass, though.
Any errors you've gotten so far from restoring an app?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Did you check it out?

Rootzound

Nope haven't had a chance yet, been on the road alot and I don't like experimenting when I REALLY need my phone the most

I've wondered about this, actually. I see a disclaimer/warning on tons of ROMs saying not to restore apps or data, so I end up re-downloading all of my apps. It's a pain in the ass, though.
Any errors you've gotten so far from restoring an app?

I try not to restore apps+data but there are some apps that are worth taking a chance with, like Angry Birds (all three versions) and Cardstar. Those are pretty much the only ones I restore with data, the rest I just restore the app only. So far I haven't had any problems on the Rezound but I've only been on GB ROM's until I get around the trying some ICS's. On the original Inc I used to load the app+data for the same one's I mentioned when going back and forth from Sense-based (Sense 2.0 and 3.5) and AOSP ROM's with no issues. I think I even did it when I ran ICS-Deck ROM and still had no trouble.

tungsten

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Any one knows which files are the ones that contains the TXT data, phone data, contact data phone log data?

I just did a total data wipe back to factory and Titanium works great to restore all your programs and most settings but for example I restored GO SMS and the actual TXT did not come back, I restore phone and the calls did not come back.

Now I have been using My phone explorer and all this data was there but i am curious to know if titanium backs up this data and what are the name of the files.
Also I realized that if you do not have a copy of Titanium in your SD card you have a big problem after a complete data wipe on your phone.

I personally had a copy on box (cloud) so i was able to re install it and go from there. It took me around 10 minutes to have all my phone restore to normal exception all my contacts, TXT, emails that I restore with my phone explorer.

Also in my titanium back up I could not find my gmail settings since I only set up that account to be able to run my phone market I did not remember my user name nor the password. Anyone knows where that information is store in titanium backup? I have to get the info from my rollodesk.

Also all my WIFI passwords which file do I need to restore?

thanks