Request for help getting the update file from the last OTA

AlMargheim

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi...Two weeks ago I received and activated a replacement Rezound. The Rezound came with Android version 4.0.3. Software number 4.03.605.2 710RD

The software on my old Rezound was 4.05.605.14 710RD, which I believe was the last OTA update from Verizon. That was the 2013 update that enabled global roaming on the Rezound.

In the two weeks since I got the new Rezound I've used the Settings -> Software Update -> Check new function many times to try to trigger an
OTA. About a week ago I talked to Verizon Tech Support and they confirmed that they can't see any reason why I wouldn't receive the OTA. However, Verizon said that the OTA is actually triggered by HTC's system. They had me dial *#*#2432546#*#* to check in with the HTC system. When I did that I got a "checkin received" response (or some words to that effect). Still haven't received the OTA.

The Rezound is stock everything, except I unlocked the bootloader using HTCDEV. According to the note on HTCDEV I should still be able to receive OTAs after unlocking the bootloader.

I've spent more than a few hours searching the internet for the OTA update file.

Can anyone tell me where I can download the 4.05.605.14 710RD update file from?

TIA,
Al

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you get the phone with the .2 release installed from Verizon!?!? That was an "unofficial" leak firmware version never supported by Verizon... Odd. The is not OTA from this version as it was never officially supported.

But to answer your question, jump over to XDA's Rezound Q&A section and find the upgrade/downgrade thread... This question was just asked and answered recently, see the last page of that thread.

You will likely need to S-Off to fix this as well... You are on a firmware that has no upgrade path and cannot be downgraded without S-Off. It is very odd Verizon would send this out, unless its repaired and no one bothered to check... That version was often used by flashers to restore the device to stock since it was the last full-blown ruu zip you could get and it was easy to restore a phone before sending it in for replacement.

AlMargheim

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the very informative response.

I got the phone off eBay from a cell phone dealer who sold it as a new phone. The phoned and box it came in certainly looked new.

Maybe I'll just install a custom ROM and not worry about OTA updates.

Thanks again,
Al

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the very informative response.

I got the phone off eBay from a cell phone dealer who sold it as a new phone. The phoned and box it came in certainly looked new.

Maybe I'll just install a custom ROM and not worry about OTA updates.

Thanks again,
Al
Yeah... I learned my lesson with "new" phones on eBay a while back with an SGS2, it came with ICS and it wouldn't take an OTA, but the minute you flashed the stock JB ROM with Kies the phone wouldn't charge, revert and it was fine, got another "new" replacement same issue, finally got a refund. Definitely not "new"... I am not saying you can't get a new phone on eBay, just that your not the first person to be fooled.

Anyway, just drop in a stable ROM like Tachyon and use rumrunner to S-Off, its pretty simple and no wire trick required.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38