Battery dying at percentage of last time I plugged charger.

RYANSUPERGENIUS1123

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
My phone keeps showing false "Low battery" notifications and shuts off when the battery isn't at 0%, even if the battery isn't even half empty. But I don't think it's because my extended battery is defective. I think the phone always wants to prefer power on "memory" rather than "battery juice", so dependin on what the battery's percentage was before I plugged it in, when I unplug it later, and when the battery drains to the same percentage tha my battery was before I plugged it in, it shows a "Low battery" error and shuts off, and when I plug the charger in when it's off, the battery meter is at the same position of percentage as it was before my phone gave me the false "Low battery" notification, so my battery wasn't dead. So when I turn it back on, my battery meter says "1%" for a few milliseconds and then the battery meter jumps back to the actual percentage. And that's just stupid. Is there any way to get my phone to focus on battery juice rather than memory, so that way it'll die at 0% instead of dying at the last percentage it was at before I plugged it in? Like suppose I plugged in my phone when it was at 95%, and I unplug it when it finishes charging, when it drains to 95% (which was the percentage it was at before plugging it in), it says "Low battery" and shuts off. If I plugged it in at 65%, and it drains to that percentage after unplugging, it does it again. And if it was at 35% before being plugged, it shuts off at 35%. And so on. And it's pissing me off. And people sggested to me before to just let it die at 0% and charge it all the way and let it die at 0% again, and repeat the cycle daily, but I hate that idea. I just wanna keep the phone charged as much as I can and keep it on forever as long as the percentage isn't at 0%, and it instead wrongfully dies at the percentage it was at before I plugged it in, and it isn't fair. Any solutions or apps that doesn't require rooting that can take care of this, and that doesn't cost money? I would appreciate some help with this. Thanks in advance. And don't give smart replies like "Come on, you're a supergenius. U can figure it out", cuz I'm not a super genius. I only use the nickname "RYANSUPERGENIUS" because that's what my family and friends call me and I like it. I'm not a supergenius. I'm just a helpless autistic person stuck in a group home, and I'm having a hard life, and I need serious help with lots of things. But please help me with this phone problem. Thanks. :p

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
My phone keeps showing false "Low battery" notifications and shuts off when the battery isn't at 0%, even if the battery isn't even half empty. But I don't think it's because my extended battery is defective. I think the phone always wants to prefer power on "memory" rather than "battery juice", so dependin on what the battery's percentage was before I plugged it in, when I unplug it later, and when the battery drains to the same percentage tha my battery was before I plugged it in, it shows a "Low battery" error and shuts off, and when I plug the charger in when it's off, the battery meter is at the same position of percentage as it was before my phone gave me the false "Low battery" notification, so my battery wasn't dead. So when I turn it back on, my battery meter says "1%" for a few milliseconds and then the battery meter jumps back to the actual percentage. And that's just stupid. Is there any way to get my phone to focus on battery juice rather than memory, so that way it'll die at 0% instead of dying at the last percentage it was at before I plugged it in? Like suppose I plugged in my phone when it was at 95%, and I unplug it when it finishes charging, when it drains to 95% (which was the percentage it was at before plugging it in), it says "Low battery" and shuts off. If I plugged it in at 65%, and it drains to that percentage after unplugging, it does it again. And if it was at 35% before being plugged, it shuts off at 35%. And so on. And it's pissing me off. And people sggested to me before to just let it die at 0% and charge it all the way and let it die at 0% again, and repeat the cycle daily, but I hate that idea. I just wanna keep the phone charged as much as I can and keep it on forever as long as the percentage isn't at 0%, and it instead wrongfully dies at the percentage it was at before I plugged it in, and it isn't fair. Any solutions or apps that doesn't require rooting that can take care of this, and that doesn't cost money? I would appreciate some help with this. Thanks in advance. And don't give smart replies like "Come on, you're a supergenius. U can figure it out", cuz I'm not a super genius. I only use the nickname "RYANSUPERGENIUS" because that's what my family and friends call me and I like it. I'm not a supergenius. I'm just a helpless autistic person stuck in a group home, and I'm having a hard life, and I need serious help with lots of things. But please help me with this phone problem. Thanks. :p

sounds like the battery is shot. try the OEM battery and if the same thing happens do a factory reset. (if your rooted boot into CWM recovery and reset battery usage)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress