Storage Issues: My Music won't open as 'Not Enough Memory'

GeorgieStanford

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace, and my phone is refusing to let me open my Music tab as there is 'Not Enough Memory'. Any ideas to help? I downloaded some music earlier - and I went to click on the Music tab to play it - and then it wouldn't let me in. I've tried all the usual things, like clearing memory and have deleted data - now I have 50MB free, but yet it still won't open.

This has happened previously - and I managed to fix that by deleting data and then, when the Music app opened, deleting old songs.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by "Music tab"? Are you talking about the stock Music player? Did you install some other music player?

Your phone's specs show that it has a very low amount of internal storage available to the user (158 MB), and probably very low RAM (I'm guessing around 512 MB or less). Review this guide and see if the tips can help you free up any more storage memory: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

scrumpster007

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I have had this problem myself. I found that the easiest solution (without deleting items) was to go onto the Google play store and download the "rocket music player" application. This allowed me to view and listen to my music library without deleting items off my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38