Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree19Likes

Default Re: Tips and Tricks for the Galaxy Gear

Quote Originally Posted by craftEcowgirl View Post
    Two weeks using gear, and my band is all stained blue?? I cant figure out what would stain it. Its the cream colored band with rose gold. I tried magic eraser which did nothing.

Posted via Android Central App
    Perhaps your shirt or coat sleve

Not me. Gorilla Glass is damned hard to scratch and screen protectors are unsightly.

Hey All,

Try out this method to sideload all apps/files to your Galaxy Gear without any cables, no ADB commands, no computers and no $40 Wondershare MobileGo app! This is something that I ran across while reading sometime ago, so I take no credit for it, I just thought I'd pass it along to help others. Basically all you need to do is use a file manager/explorer on your Note 3 (I use "My Files" most of the time) and long press on the file/app that you want to send to your Galaxy Gear and then hit the "share" button at the top of your screen. Then select "Bluetooth", and then choose the Galaxy Gear. After that, just hit "accept" on the Gear and that's it...nothing else is needed. It may take a few minutes just because bluetooth file transferring isn't extremely fast, but it works, and without having to enter commands in terminal/ADB, without any cables, without MobileGo which is a trial version (or cost $40), and you don't even need the Galaxy Gear's cradle (that you probably left at home like I did).

Once the file/app has transferred over, just use a file manager on your gear to maneuver to the "SDcard/Bluetooth" directory where your files will be waiting on the Gear. Then you can simply double click to install them or just move them where ever you want. My Gear already had a file manager on it after I installed the custom rom Null 18. Otherwise, getting that file manager app onto the Gear may be your biggest (also last) challenge as far as sideloading apps goes. I rooted, and then flashed the Null 18 rom first to save time, but now sideloading is a piece of cake.

I also took this method to the next level since I am also rooted as I mentioned. What I mean by that, is with Root Explorer you can navigate to the System/apps directory (which is normally hidden if not rooted and using something like RE to access it). Once there, you'll find that this is the directory where your installed apps are stored. Now you can use the same method mentioned above to pull apps that you may not have had the .apk files for. So in essence you are "ripping" the apps right from your Note 3 straight to your Gear! This gives you the ability to try and install/run ANY Android app (even those that are said NOT to be compatible with the Gear) because a lot of them will still run. Google Search/Google Now/Voice Search is GREAT on the Gear, and so are many others. NOW this device is really kickin! Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ni Hammad View Post
    Perhaps your shirt or coat sleve

No, as I havnt worn anything long sleeved, coat is light grey sweatshirt.

Kirstie,
    When you put Evernote on your gear the share feature works thru Evernote.

John
    Thanked by:
    cdf3 

You can reply to text messages using S-Voice or text templates. Since S-Voice is slow and not always accurate, I prefer to use text templates. Go to the Gear Manager app on your phone. Go to Notifications > Manage text templates. You can add your own custom replies, as well as delete the preset ones. When you get a text message notification on your Gear, click on the menu button in the upper right corner of the text message you are reading. Scroll down, and select text templates.
    If you happen to factory reset your Gear, the text templates you created probably will not show up. However, they will still be displayed within the Gear app on your phone. To get the text templates you created to display on your Gear again, create a new text reply. It will then push the new text reply, as well as all of your previous templates, back to your Gear.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Wow I never knew about placing the palm over the watch to ignore calls...thanks.

When reading messages on your Gear, swipe left or right to go back and forth between the same type of messages.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

My Favorite Screen protector by far is "Tech Armor" I had one on my S4 for over a year and never saw the first sign of wear. Even though it was a 3 pack, they claim a lifetime warranty that I never used. I purchased "Tech Armor" for my Note 3 and my Galaxy Gear (both 3 packs for $6.95 each). That's just over $2.00 each protector, and I never used a 2nd one on the S4 like I said. I got mine through amazon.com and since I'm a "Prime" member shipping was also free. They offer HD Clear (I use), and Anti-Glare (not sure haven't tried). Highly suggest this brand though.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theonholdguy View Post
    Kirstie,
    When you put Evernote on your gear the share feature works thru Evernote.

John
    My GS4 doesn't see my Gear's bluetooth signal in order to share. Any ideas why not? It's connected for notifications and everything else.

Awesome, thanks!!

Hi
    I am a new user of the android system and have got the galaxy gear 2 and galaxy s5.
    I can't find easily in the gear manager samsung app store also i am looking for an app that i can share photos straight form the galaxy gear i hear evernote you can but can't also find it in the samsung app store in gear manager.

Any help would be great.. but loving the features...

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Wallstreet76 View Post
    Hi
    I am a new user of the android system and have got the galaxy gear 2 and galaxy s5.
    I can't find easily in the gear manager samsung app store also i am looking for an app that i can share photos straight form the galaxy gear i hear evernote you can but can't also find it in the samsung app store in gear manager.

Any help would be great.. but loving the features...
    Since you have the Gear 2 you should look in that forum: Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 Neo - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234