Tips and Tricks for the Galaxy Gear

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
How are you guys getting the different fonts for the Watch Styler and rearranging the fields of the text? I loaded the app, both the latest, and then the one on the dropbox page, and there's only 4 font selections that I can see for the digital clock faces.

This sounds like a stupid question but are you scrolling the font selections. Just scroll from right to left to see the other choices.

kjon12

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
This sounds like a stupid question but are you scrolling the font selections. Just scroll from right to left to see the other choices.

Aha...wasn't apparent from just looking at the app, but as you say, you can scroll across to get other styles. Sure would be nice if we could change the font sizes a bit, my eyes have some difficulty focusing on most of the fonts.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure that's not just the wake-up gesture kicking in as you turn the steering wheel? I find that happens a lot when I'm driving. Kind of annoying when it's dark. But of course you can just turn wake up gesture off, at least temporarily.

Could be, it seemed to come on the entire time while I was driving at night. I wound up turning the display down to 1 and that seemed to help.

craftEcowgirl

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
So gear is at 19% battery and i am not getting any notifications on it. No txts etc ???? Got txt 15min ago, but nothing now. Ridiculous, as thats what watch is for.....?

posted from Note2

craftEcowgirl

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Did a reboot of phone and watch. I am now getting no notifications of txts :(

Anyone else having this problem?

Posted via Android Central App

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
No. Mine seems to work fairly well. The other option might be to reset the GG. This can be found when u go through the power off sequence. But instead of selecting power off you would select Reset. I would also go to the application manager on your phone and select Galaxy Gear manager and uninstall it too. That way u start with a fresh install. Or if you bought it recently you might want to consider returning the unit and getting another. Maybe u got a defective GG.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to actually reset the GG, you would scroll through the watch to go to settings and then scroll through that menu to select Reset.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jblaze38

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the ZAGG Invisible Shield on my Gear. Paid $14.99 from Best Buy. Took less 5 minutes to install.

im_bizzy

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Why does the gallery give you an option to share a pic from the gear but it isn't activated? Did I forget a setting?

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Why does the gallery give you an option to share a pic from the gear but it isn't activated? Did I forget a setting?

Open the pic in Gallery on the Gear and tap on the little menu icon on the top right (it disappears after a couple of seconds, just tap on the photo again if it does). An Options screen appears with the options to delete or share. Share is only enabled if you have certain apps installed on the Gear.

If you have the fb or path app then you can indeed share.

FBQuickview is okay for Facebook (only for sharing, using it for notifications isn't worth it because it screws up the Notifications page). Path, though, is just another in a long line of social network wannabes. I don't know anyone on it. What the Gear really needs is an app that allows text/MMS sharing.

craftEcowgirl

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Two weeks using gear, and my band is all stained blue?? I cant figure out what would stain it. Its the cream colored band with rose gold. I tried magic eraser which did nothing.

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey All,

Try out this method to sideload all apps/files to your Galaxy Gear without any cables, no ADB commands, no computers and no $40 Wondershare MobileGo app! This is something that I ran across while reading sometime ago, so I take no credit for it, I just thought I'd pass it along to help others. Basically all you need to do is use a file manager/explorer on your Note 3 (I use "My Files" most of the time) and long press on the file/app that you want to send to your Galaxy Gear and then hit the "share" button at the top of your screen. Then select "Bluetooth", and then choose the Galaxy Gear. After that, just hit "accept" on the Gear and that's it...nothing else is needed. It may take a few minutes just because bluetooth file transferring isn't extremely fast, but it works, and without having to enter commands in terminal/ADB, without any cables, without MobileGo which is a trial version (or cost $40), and you don't even need the Galaxy Gear's cradle (that you probably left at home like I did).

Once the file/app has transferred over, just use a file manager on your gear to maneuver to the "SDcard/Bluetooth" directory where your files will be waiting on the Gear. Then you can simply double click to install them or just move them where ever you want. My Gear already had a file manager on it after I installed the custom rom Null 18. Otherwise, getting that file manager app onto the Gear may be your biggest (also last) challenge as far as sideloading apps goes. I rooted, and then flashed the Null 18 rom first to save time, but now sideloading is a piece of cake.

I also took this method to the next level since I am also rooted as I mentioned. What I mean by that, is with Root Explorer you can navigate to the System/apps directory (which is normally hidden if not rooted and using something like RE to access it). Once there, you'll find that this is the directory where your installed apps are stored. Now you can use the same method mentioned above to pull apps that you may not have had the .apk files for. So in essence you are "ripping" the apps right from your Note 3 straight to your Gear! This gives you the ability to try and install/run ANY Android app (even those that are said NOT to be compatible with the Gear) because a lot of them will still run. Google Search/Google Now/Voice Search is GREAT on the Gear, and so are many others. NOW this device is really kickin! Enjoy.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
You can reply to text messages using S-Voice or text templates. Since S-Voice is slow and not always accurate, I prefer to use text templates. Go to the Gear Manager app on your phone. Go to Notifications > Manage text templates. You can add your own custom replies, as well as delete the preset ones. When you get a text message notification on your Gear, click on the menu button in the upper right corner of the text message you are reading. Scroll down, and select text templates.
If you happen to factory reset your Gear, the text templates you created probably will not show up. However, they will still be displayed within the Gear app on your phone. To get the text templates you created to display on your Gear again, create a new text reply. It will then push the new text reply, as well as all of your previous templates, back to your Gear.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez