What's the best way to wear the Gear on your wrist?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Gear, and I can't seem to find that sweet spot that makes it comfortable for me to wear all day.
If I put it in the 4th hole, it seems to have a snug fit. It's not squeezing my arm to death, but it could be a tad bit looser.
If I move it down to 3rd hole, it'll fall on the bone on the back of my wrist when I walk. I wish the holes were't so far apart.
Is the Gear uncomfortable for you all as well? How are you all wearing it on your wrist?

Kevie Cam

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I can rotate between the 3rd and 4th hole depends on how tight I want it, but for a guy my height and size (6'2 / 230) I think I have skinny wrists. Eight way it's still comfortable with no slipping.

Posted via Android Central App

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I went back and forth on the watch holes adjustment for the first 2-3 weeks. I found what is the most comfortable for me, is on the looser side.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
After going back and forth between the two holes, I decided to be a little creative. The watch would be a little too snug in one hole, then too loose in the next hole. The sweet spot for me seemed to be between those two holes. I decided to adjust it between those two holes, while using a piece of black electrical tape to tape the band to the inside part of the clasp frame. Since my watch band is black, along with taping it on the inside, I'm unable to see the tape.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the same exact issue as you. On second hole it's a little lose and on the third it is a bit snug.. I will definitely try the black tape method. Good idea.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

WinePress

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Same here, 2nd hole a bit too tight and the 3rd hole is a bit too loose.

I just ajust mine between the too depending on how I feel that day

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the same exact issue as you. On second hole it's a little lose and on the third it is a bit snug.. I will definitely try the black tape method. Good idea.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

It's best to use 2 pieces of tape. I took a small piece and placed it the same direction as the watchband where the pin normally goes into the holes. That way if it slips out of position, the pin won't go back into the hole.
I then cut a 2nd piece that wrapped around the band and metal clasp. I started by laying the tape on the metal clasp, then wrapped it around the band once until the beginning and end of the tape met. Only wrap it around just once. Wrapping it around more than once will make the tape too thick, and will cause issues when tying to snap it shut. I made sure the seem, where the beginning and end of the tape meet, was on the same side as the metal clasp. That way the seem would not be in contact with my wrist. I made sure to tape it on the lower end of the metal clasp to prevent it from popping loose when I snapped it shut. The tape cannot be seen once the watch band is in the closed position.
I also used electrical tape that didn't leave a glue residue behind. That way if I decide to take it off, my watchband still looks the same.
My Gear is finally comfortable for me to wear all day with no issues at all.
y3ejebe4.jpg

3ytuvebe.jpg

4userume.jpg

gydamuga.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch