Notifications Issue

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Has anyone experienced any problems on their Gear watch concerning certain notifications? This is in regard to the notifications for EMAIL (stock), ChatON, and missed calls. I can delete the actual notification but the banner sayig you have that particular message never goes away for those three things. I have to totally reset the watch to get them to go away. Samsung is being completely useless for this. They tell me it's either the watch, the phone or the network. Really? How about you just send me a new watch and we can be done with it? No, they want me to send the watch and maybe I get it back 3 weeks later. If they decide THAT isn't the issue, I have to figure out if it's the phone or AT&T. Seriously? That doesn't make sense at all. If I can't resolve this in an easier manner, I'm dumping this thing. Not worth all this aggravation. To bad because other than this, I like it a lot. :(They also suggested that if you delete the message on the phone, it should go away on the watch. I have NEVER seen THAT happen either. What say you?

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I got this too with VZW. No big deal. If there is a new notification, it will let you know on the "Notifications" app banner with a number. When you tap on that, even if the Email banner is there, it will only have a number next to it with the amount of new notifications if there are new ones. No number, no new notifications.

Posted via Android Central App

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I got this too with VZW. No big deal. If there is a new notification, it will let you know on the "Notifications" app banner with a number. When you tap on that, even if the Email banner is there, it will only have a number next to it with the amount of new notifications if there are new ones. No number, no new notifications.

Posted via Android Central App

It isn't a big deal but it annoys me just the same. I decided to stop in at Best Buy and see if the Samsung rep could help (I was really hoping). Yah, he helped me out pretty quickly too. I seriously thought I had tried what he did but apparently not. For those banners that wouldn't go away, you simply have to long press on it and it gives you options, one of which is to delete it from the list. Totally thought I had tried as it is a rather obvious thing to try but apparently not. Anyway, I was glad I got it solved and now I am more convinced than ever that Samsung support (on the phone anyway) is next to pathetic. How could they NOT have known that? And the things they were throwing out there as possibilities made absolutely NO sense to anyone who has basic IT knowledge. Ridiculous but like I said, just glad to get it resolved. Tip of the hat to the Samsung guy at Best Buy. I think all of the ones I talked to there are pretty smart guys.