Galaxy Light reboots itself

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
My 5 week old Galaxy Light has started rebooting itself several times a day. I have read about this as a problem in other phones. The recommended fix is to remove the SD card. I don't have an SD card!?! Could it have something to do with the update that Samsung pushed a while back?

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Wiping the cache did not help. The phone still reboots on its own sometimes 2 or 3 times an hour. It has me thinking that the Galaxy Light has got to be the worst phone ever.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode (steps at the bottom of that link), to see if some 3rd party app is making things unstable. If the reboots stop in Safe Mode, then something you've installed is the culprit. The challenge is figuring out which one. You may have to uninstall apps one by one.

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Ran for 24 hours in safe mode. (the longest up time I have seen in a long time). So, I started to uninstall downloaded apps one by one. After each uninstall I waited for the phone to reboot itself (Hoping that it would not) before uninstalling the next. In the end I had removed all the applications that I had downloaded and it still reboots itself. so I nuked the phone and set it up again. Of course as soon as I entered my gmail account it reloaded all the apps from backup and promptly started to reset itself every 1 or 2 hours. I have never had this much trouble with any other samsung phone I have had. I have to say again the Galaxy light has to be the worst phone ever.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
So its been a couple of weeks since my last post (About 2 months since I got the Galaxy lite). I have removed some apps (just because I really did not need them), but I have not seen a significant change. Although I hate that I have to get my tablet out just to do things I have always done with my older phones. There have been times where it ran a whole day with out restarting (Current record up time 1d 9h 46m). But it still reboots, with no real pattern (Truly random), Usually when I am in the middle of a text or call or when the GPS says turn left in ... (I think there is an internal sensor that identifies the most inopportune moment). Unfortunately I have not any actual solution, so as soon as I can waste another hundred bucks I will defiantly get rid of this paperweight.
As a side note: When I got the t399 I got 2, the other I gave to my wife. Hers works just fine (I thought about switching them in the dark of night, but she would just ask me to fix "hers" and I would still be here writing).

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Finally had to dump my phone. (Record up time still only 1d 9h 46m). It started to reboot back to back and after 15 minutes of that I popped the battery and dropped it in the drawer. Still no reasonable explanation ever surfaced. I looked at all the other phones available, but, I bought another T399 (I still think it is the best value for the cost) and re-loaded it with the same apps. And am happy to report that it has been working fine for a couple of weeks now. (I wish there was some kind of "Lemon Law" for smart phones.) Check back with me after I have had it running for over 5 weeks :)

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Final post: Never made it to the 5 week mark. The bottom line, In my opinion, The Galaxy lite is not a "communications" device, it is a phone. If are planing on using this device for Email(multiple accounts), Mobile banking, Meeting notes, and other forms of communications, look elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez