Why would anyone buy the Galaxy Mega with the Note 3 on the horizon?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Why not the Note 3?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Because I already have one, which I do love. Due to its beautiful screen's high resolution there are some apps I can't use until the devs. decide to update their wares to handle newer devices.

Nexus 7

wildblue

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Mega on Sunday (due to the lower resolution it can handle some apps higher res devices cannot) but found its weaker specs really showed up in my usage so I took it back and got a Note 2.

Nexus 7

Just out of curiosity, what tasks did you find lacking as far as horsepower goes with the Mega 6.3? I am admittedly not a big gamer or anything so I haven't really taken issue with anything I've tried on mine so far, but I can't help wondering what types of apps or tasks caused yours to bog down?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, what tasks did you find lacking as far as horsepower goes with the Mega 6.3? I am admittedly not a big gamer or anything so I haven't really taken issue with anything I've tried on mine so far, but I can't help wondering what types of apps or tasks caused yours to bog down?
Thanks for asking. I found gaming to be pretty choppy, especially playing my all-time favorite, Monopoly. Don't laugh. Hey, I see you laughing. Stop laughing. :)

wildblue

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for asking. I found gaming to be pretty choppy, especially playing my all-time favorite, Monopoly. Don't laugh. Hey, I see you laughing. Stop laughing. :)

I kind of figured that was probably what it was. I play Riptide GP2 on mine and it seems to do just fine. Asphalt 8, on the other hand, stutters and lags a bit. Then again, it stuttered and lagged a little on my HTC One as well so I think that may be more of an issue with the game itself rather than hardware.

And I would never laugh. ;)

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought a used Note 2 a few months ago, coming from an HTC One X, and I love having the larger screen. In fact, I also got a Note 8 but tend to use the S Pen on it more than the Note 2. I am waiting to see if the Note 2 gets some of the cool S Pen features of the Note 3 and if so, then I may keep the Note 2 but if not then I might switch to the Mega.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I bought a used Note 2 a few months ago, coming from an HTC One X, and I love having the larger screen. In fact, I also got a Note 8 but tend to use the S Pen on it more than the Note 2. I am waiting to see if the Note 2 gets some of the cool S Pen features of the Note 3 and if so, then I may keep the Note 2 but if not then I might switch to the Mega.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

I auditioned the Mega. It didn't make my line-up. The lower specs really show in lower performance when compared to other contemporary devices like the Note 3.

from a Note 3