10.1 2014 Edition, will it get the new touchwiz?

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the specs are about the same between the new tablets, and the 10.1, with the note having 3gb of ram, and the pro line only have 2gb (except the 12.1, it has 3). I also didn't hear anything about whether this tablet was going to be updated with the new software, or is it old news already?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Actually... I don't think it will, at least not anytime soon. Like you said, spec-wise, the Note 10.1 2014 seems even 'better' than the new Pro Line, so what's the only differentiator here? What makes it "Pro"? 4-Window multitasking. New MagazineUX. That's about it, I guess.

So, they either will not bring those to the 'older' Note, or will release an update package with only a few of the new features available, like they did with the S3 and Note 2 when the S4 came out.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The 4.4 update is one thing, the MagazineUX and the 4-Window MultiTask are another. I don't doubt we'll get KitKat on our tablets eventually, but as for the other features/changes I'm not so optimistic. Maaaaybe the UI, but the 4-window thingy, although cool and more than doable with the Note 10.1 2014's specs, it really is what makes these tablets stand apart and I don't think Samsung will just 'turn' your Note into a Note Pro with a software update (although it could).

shahin7631

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I think it will get the update eventually while there is no note pro sized 10 inches ...so maybe theyll change the name or sth like that