Rapid battery drain, anyone else have this?

Monte J

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I'll try and be brief and explain what has happen. Starting in early December, I noticed while watching a streaming video, (on wifi) the percentage of my battery jumped from 66% to 14%. It continued to decline to 7% and this took place over a period of about 5 minutes (going from 14% to 7%). (Strange) So I again saw this happen under the same circumstances and called Tech Support. Explained to them and of curse, no one has complained to them about this. I bought this tablet on Oct 15. 2013. Support had me return the tablet for repairs and sent it back with a new power cord (again strange). I charged the tablet and it appeared to work fine for a few days and as of yesterday, it happened again jumping from 62% to 14% and then 45 sec later went to 11% then quickly to 9%. Again, I was streaming a video at the time. I will be re-contacting Samsung again but wanted to know if anyone else has experiencing this. Thanks for reading and I am awaiting any comments.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll try and be brief and explain what has happen. Starting in early December, I noticed while watching a streaming video, (on wifi) the percentage of my battery jumped from 66% to 14%. It continued to decline to 7% and this took place over a period of about 5 minutes (going from 14% to 7%). (Strange) So I again saw this happen under the same circumstances and called Tech Support. Explained to them and of curse, no one has complained to them about this. I bought this tablet on Oct 15. 2013. Support had me return the tablet for repairs and sent it back with a new power cord (again strange). I charged the tablet and it appeared to work fine for a few days and as of yesterday, it happened again jumping from 62% to 14% and then 45 sec later went to 11% then quickly to 9%. Again, I was streaming a video at the time. I will be re-contacting Samsung again but wanted to know if anyone else has experiencing this. Thanks for reading and I am awaiting any comments.

Welcome to the forums.
Sorry for the delayed reply. I would suggest clearing cache in recovery. This method might work: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
Follow directions for the S3