Note 2014 10.1 or TabPro 10.1?

Craig Kennedy

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to decide on getting a 10-inch android tablet, and since it looks increasingly unlikely that there will be a new Nexus 10, I have decided that my most plausible options are going to be the Note 2014 10.1 or the new TabPro 10.1.

My basic question is - what are the main differences? I have heard people suggest only go for the Note if you plan on taking notes - if not go for another tablet, for instance the TabPro. I see it is going to be retailing slightly cheaper than the Note - why is this? What is the comparison of performance between the 2, is it worth paying the extra for the Note?

Or should I consider another tablet, for example Sony Xperia Z? I think I have ruled out the Nexus 10 for fear of lack of updates considering the age of the tablet.

Hoping to get a little advice from people who know a lot more than me! Many thanks in advance!
CK

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to decide on getting a 10-inch android tablet, and since it looks increasingly unlikely that there will be a new Nexus 10, I have decided that my most plausible options are going to be the Note 2014 10.1 or the new TabPro 10.1.

My basic question is - what are the main differences? I have heard people suggest only go for the Note if you plan on taking notes - if not go for another tablet, for instance the TabPro. I see it is going to be retailing slightly cheaper than the Note - why is this? What is the comparison of performance between the 2, is it worth paying the extra for the Note?

Or should I consider another tablet, for example Sony Xperia Z? I think I have ruled out the Nexus 10 for fear of lack of updates considering the age of the tablet.

Hoping to get a little advice from people who know a lot more than me! Many thanks in advance!
CK

I was thinking along those same lines, while I was in my return window with my GN 2014.. However, when I saw that the TabPro 10.1 only had 2GB RAM. I stop looking. That is a game changer.. Why would I even pick the TabPro 10.1 or exchange my GN 10.1 2014 for the TabPro 10.1 with only 2gb RAM.. No way hoozaay, shucks, even my Note 3 has 3gb RAM!! :D

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

The MAIN difference between the Tab and the Note 10.1 is the S-Pen. The TabPro is the exact same tablet (hardware wise) minus the stylus.
The S-Pen is fantastic and even though I am not a huge "note taker", I use it all the time for scrolling, pointing, even when playing certain games. When I do have to take notes, it's amazingly accurate and really versatile. I really thought I would hardly use it, but I end up using it all the time. An added bonus is after several hours of use, there are no fingerprints or smears on my screen :D
The TabPro line will of course be released with Android 4.4 but our tablets should receive the same upgrade within the next 2 months. There is no official announcement yet with regards to the 4.4 software update, but the product page for our tablet on Samsung's global site already shows the new UI that comes with 4.4.
The Xperia Z is very pretty... I'll give you that... AND you can take a bath with it :D but... but I think multi-window, pen window and all the other amazing features our tablet has makes ours the clear winner. The Note 10.1 really is the best Android tablet money can buy right now... unless you go for the Note 12.2 !
Just my 2 cents... hope that helps :)

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I thought the new Pro has a octi processor and the 2014 has a quad. Am I right.

Posted via Android Central App

No.. They have the same ... Both are octa...4 of a faster processor, 4 of a less power consuming slower processor... which is why it sometimes gets listed as 4 sometimes 8. But no difference between note 2014 and note pro 12.2, in terms of processor.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
No.. They have the same ... Both are octa...4 of a faster processor, 4 of a less power consuming slower processor... which is why it sometimes gets listed as 4 sometimes 8. But no difference between note 2014 and note pro 12.2, in terms of processor.

Except the LTE versions... those are not compatible with the Exynos octa core processors so they have the quad core Snapdragon 800... pretty much just as fast as the octa with the added bonus of faster charging times ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress