No option for multiple user

Mmstick101

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
We bought this for each other for Christmas loving the idea of having multiple users. I read about all sorts of people using it, but there is no setting on my device to enable it...
I wrote to samsung to inquire and they replied saying...

"After reviewing your email, I understand that you would like to know if your tablet device model supports SM-P600 multiple user account.

I would be glad to assist you with the required details.

I am sorry to inform that as of now Samsung tablet device model SM-P600 does not support multiple user account.

Samsung does not have control over the information provided in third-party websites or forums".

What are they telling me? Has anyone else encountered this?

Posted via Android Central App

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
We bought this for each other for Christmas loving the idea of having multiple users. I read about all sorts of people using it, but there is no setting on my device to enable it...
I wrote to samsung to inquire and they replied saying...

"After reviewing your email, I understand that you would like to know if your tablet device model supports SM-P600 multiple user account.

I would be glad to assist you with the required details.

I am sorry to inform that as of now Samsung tablet device model SM-P600 does not support multiple user account.

Samsung does not have control over the information provided in third-party websites or forums".

What are they telling me? Has anyone else encountered this?

Huh? that's ridiculous and wrong

go to settings, General, users, add new user

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
That's too bad :( Would you be able to send/take it back and maybe order one from the US? I don't understand why there are differences in the same product from different countries.

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Canada. Not sure if that makes a difference. The option is definitely not there though.

We apparently don't warrant an update :p I'm in Canada as well, and haven't had a single software update since getting my tablet. I don't understand Samsung's logic.

Mmstick101

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately we bought it before Christmas so returning it is not an option. The multiple user option was what sold us on this tablet.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately we bought it before Christmas so returning it is not an option. The multiple user option was what sold us on this tablet.

Wait for Samsung to update to 4.4 and see if they add multiuser back. Other just need to flash US MK1 firmware for multiuser and can easily be done.

jcr_jcr

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I just bought Sams Note 10.1 (2014) and have set up 2 users. However I can't give them names (like Jill ) I believe several users can be set up but can't find info on methods, tips, pitfalls etc.
someone must have figured this out?

Peter Cunningham

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, also here in New Zealand we have a model that also does not allow multiple users, did you manage to get an update that would allow multiple users? If so do you have any tips?

B0bODuffMan

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
ive recently got the android 5.0 update on my galaxy s5 and have had at least 2 maintenance updates since getting lollipop but still i havent been able to find any so called multiple user function. Is it just not available yet or is it just not coming altogether?

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
ive recently got the android 5.0 update on my galaxy s5 and have had at least 2 maintenance updates since getting lollipop but still i havent been able to find any so called multiple user function. Is it just not available yet or is it just not coming altogether?
Screenshots_2015-02-25-14-27-38.jpg you add the users hereScreenshots_2015-02-25-14-30-42.jpg and choose the type of user here.... I have had the option since flashing the nordic 4.4.2 around October 2014

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Check in the GS5 forum. You posted in the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) forum, this device has yet to get Lollipop.