Android 5.1.1 Available NOW in US/NA for SM-P 600 (OTA)

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Just got 5.1.1 OTA this morning for my SM-P 600 as of 10:00 am (pst) Nov, 23 2015..... So far it all looks good...

Screenshot_2015-11-23-11-22-39.jpg

Dale

Last edited:

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I also have it downloading right now as we speak. I may wait a few days to install it in case anyone finds any major problems... but we finally got the update we deserved! Looking forward to a nice, new experience. :D

http://i.imgur.com/inm9Hx0.png

Last edited:

Cmikos

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I loaded it last night. Everything seems smooth. I don't notice a ton of changes. No issues at all as of right now.

Posted via the Android Central App

BerryCracked

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded last night nia kies. About 45 minutes, too. The first 1% took so long that I thought it was hung, but it eventually spead up. Some apps needed updates after the install. Everything seems to be working OK, except wifi. It stalls, and I need to disconnect/reconnect. This is on an older G access point. I will walk over to another building and try some different APs today.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got my update downloading as well! Right before upgrade time no less! :confused:

What are the major differences with this update?

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Why on earth did you guys wait so long...the Spanish version has been working great for almost a month :p

Welcome to the party!

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Just got my update downloading as well! Right before upgrade time no less! :confused:

What are the major differences with this update?

New Material Design apps, new S Note and pen features, new keyboard, lock screen notifications, and other Lollipop features like Smart Lock and screen pinning.

I might make a new thread detailing all of the changes, since a lot of stuff changed, but some stuff was also removed (like Smart Scroll).

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I assume, if you are rooted, you need to unroot to get the OTA update?

Is there any link yet to get it without unrooting?

Raymond Hubbard

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I uninstalled my Micro sd card which had a lot of apps on it. The update worked fine. However it no longer recognizes any of my apps on the card. It does recognize the data. Looks like I will have to reinstall a lot of apps and see if it works from card. Will update later on result.

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I uninstalled my Micro sd card which had a lot of apps on it. The update worked fine. However it no longer recognizes any of my apps on the card. It does recognize the data. Looks like I will have to reinstall a lot of apps and see if it works from card. Will update later on result.

I kept my SD card in during the update. It took a few minutes, but all of the apps that were on the card loaded fine. I didn't lose any data. Even if something happened, I make sure to back up my apps before any major update using Helium.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Lollypop goes through and updates (mods) most all apps on table for 5.1.1 if you had SD card unplugged it may have missed the apps and they do not run becasue they do not recognize 5.1.1...

Watching my update, it when through something like 147 apps and did some magic on each one....

Dale

Raymond Hubbard

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I was able to reinstall my apps and they moved properly and they work. One thing I noticed My Magazine seems to be gone.
Play Store was upgraded to latest version. Tablet seems to be snappier.

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I was able to reinstall my apps and they moved properly and they work. One thing I noticed My Magazine seems to be gone.
Play Store was upgraded to latest version. Tablet seems to be snappier.

Oh yeah, didn't even realize My Magazine is gone, although Flipboard is still here. Never used it anyway, so no loss for me.

BerryCracked

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Follow-up: wireless went back to working fine after a few hours. Every AP I connect to works as expected. Maybe it was something settling out from the upgrade...

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully Flipboard will be next..... Maybe SOON the gods who control all the bloat wear will realize a lot if it is not wanted and will allow it to be removed and not keep in behind the "non rooted" shell ...

Dale

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
At least the good thing is that Evernote and Flipboard can FINALLY be disabled now, along with maybe a few other bloat apps. Prior to Lollipop, it wouldn't let you disable Evernote or Flipboard, meaning you were stuck with them in your app drawer unless you hid them. And I got tired of having to update Evernote on Google Play when I never even used it.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Use package disabler pro. It let's you disable any app on any Samsung device. Have been using it quite sometime now.Neither my Note 4 nor note 10.1 2014 are rooted. Don't need root anymore. Use MW - PEN app to add apps to the multiwindow sidebar

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
On main page I lost the Weather time App that had always been there.... dont see it in apps???

The weather widget is still there, if that's what you're referring to. You have to hold down on an empty space on the home screen, then tap "Widgets". It should be in there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87