Anyone w/ SM-P607T (T-Mobile) upgraded to LP and reverted to Kitkat?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm still undecided about upgrading to LP... worried about a few things. Just want to know if anyone upgraded to LP and was able to revert back to Kitkat in Odin. If it's possible, then I'll try LP and see how I like it.

Note this is a question specifically for the T-Mobile version... SM-607T.

TIA!

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
SM-607T's bootloader is locked. Once upgraded to Lollipop, you cannot go back to Kitkat as bootloaders are not the same.
Most LTE tablets cannot root because bootloader is locked.
SM-600 Wifi version, bootloader is not locked, however Kitkat's bootloader must be loader with the Kitkat ROM, otherwise the tablet will hang at boot when downgraded from Lollipop.

It's the same with Windows, once upgraded to Windows 7, you cannot load back Windows XP because in newer versions of Windows a BCD (Boot Configuration Data) Store is now used, and while they're working in similar ways the setup and reovery of the boot.ini and BCD is different.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I know the bootloader is locked. I was hoping someone knew of a safe upgrade... I guess I should have stated that. Thanks anyways.

As for Windows, I don't understand what you mean you can't install XP after Win7.... all you have to do is reformat the harddrive before installing XP.

Unfortunately Android is not as simple as Windows.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
If not formatting, just install windows XP over newer windows, the computer won't be able to boot.
Same thing with android, install Kitkat over Lollipop, or Lollipop over Marshmallow, the tablet will fail to boot as bootloader is different. Downgrade OS is not a problem if the correct bootloader is flashed with the firmware. I have a Kitkat's bootloader for the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. it takes only 10 minutes to flask back Kitkat from Lollipops OS.
If bootloader is not locked, you can load whatever OS to your tablet with the right bootloader, but unfortunately no one has these files except Samsung repair centers.
Two important files to load any OS are BL ( bootloader ) and AP ( the firmware ).
This is an example when I downgraded the Note Pro 12.2 to Kitkat
Back to Kitkat.JPG

Last edited:

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I always partition the harddrive, so I always format the harddrive before installing any Windows OS.

Yes, KK bootloader is different than LP, that's why you need a "safe" stock firmware. Apparently no one developed it so I guess I don't have a choice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty