Perplexing Keyboard Issue

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the full version of Thumb Keyboard 4 (Version 4.6.1.00.147) which I use on my Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8013) running Android 4.1.2. I am stock, not rooted.

As of a few days ago the cursor arrow keys stopped working on TK4 but only when I use TK4 to enter text while on the internet, and only while accessing the internet via the stock internet program (Version 4.1.2-N8013UEUCMA3). For example, while typing in the search box on any website (Google, Yahoo, CNN, etc.) I cannot use the arrow keys to move the cursor. If I access Gmail off the Google site the cursor keys don?t work, but if I use the Gmail app, the cursor keys work fine. In addition, when I access the internet through Chrome, the cursor keys work perfectly at all times. Since I prefer the stock browser, and thinking that it was a problem with TK4, I downloaded the full versions of Perfect Keyboard and Kii Keyboard from the Play store to see if they would perform better. The results are exactly the same; the cursor keys don?t work in the stock browser, but work fine in Chrome.

I don?t recall changing any settings so I don?t understand why this happened. Any thoughts?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I posted something similar in another thread, only I'm using SwiftKey 4 Keyboard Paid tablet version. When I'm in Google Search text box to search for something, My backspace/delete key doesn't work. This is in the Stock Browser on my Galaxy Note 10.1. When I try to type something the whole keyboard doesn't work, whether I type or use Flow gesture typing. My keyboard works in other programs no problem. I'm not interested in using any other browser, because of the Premium Suite features that use the stock Browser. Hope it gets fixed. On the Swiftkey Paid Phone keyboard, I don't have this problem, only on my GN tablet. When I looked and posted the bug on the Swiftkey Website, I saw that they had some problems with Chrome Browser also, but were fixed in an update. So maybe something similar with our two different keyboards?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Now suddenly the SwiftKey keyboard is working on Google search text box in the native browser tonight. Wonder what happened to get it to work? I do notice though that it reverts back to the Samsung keyboard when I power on my GN though. That's not the first time that happened either.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Cristina Sizifredo

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
The galaxy note 10.1 as large amount of keybord issues.... some dont work well and some dont work at all... even the samsung kb is sometimes lagy or some of the features crash ... in the paste days my kb doesnt "float"... :(

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I notice that the arrow keys on Hackers Keyboard don't respond when I'm typing a reply to a thread like this. In all other situations/apps they work as expected.

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have found the same problem with the Kii keyboard, Swiftkey and Perfect Keyboard. I guess its an OS issue and we need to wait for the next update. I sent an email to Beansoft (Thumb Keyboard) and will see what they have to say. I will post any response that I get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress