Headohone jack suddenly not working...

choochoopain

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
So I recently got my Note 10.1 and when I got it, everything was working fine. However, when I was trying to watch a video, there was no sound coming from my headphones. I've already checked my headphones, and they're working fine. I did have a headphone plug charm in it for quite sometime though. Can anyone help?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey choochoopain.
This may seem like a completely basic request, but have you tried running a qtip through the head phone jack? Often, dirt, debris, or lint can get caught in the jack and prevent it from working.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
So I recently got my Note 10.1 and when I got it, everything was working fine. However, when I was trying to watch a video, there was no sound coming from my headphones. I've already checked my headphones, and they're working fine. I did have a headphone plug charm in it for quite sometime though. Can anyone help?

Assuming you have already tried rotating the headphone jack around in the receptacle and pulling it in and out to see if you can get at least one channel working, you may have inadvertently bent or damaged the ground contact or broken part of receptacle off of the board inside.

I would suggest first trying to clean it out with an air can (compressed gas duster) or a dry qtip as Jennifer mentions above. Do not put anything moist in there. Try multiple headsets to see if anything happens.

If there is still nothing and you are feeling adventurous, you might want to try removing the backplate of the tablet to inspect the receptacle plug yourself.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Teardown - iFixit
Don't bother if you are going to send it out for repair though.

Those charms are a really bad idea. It is easy to damage a 3.5mm headset jack when there is something sticking out all the time to leverage the internal contacts with mechanical force if you bump the tablet into something and strike the charm. Usually people damage the headset receptacle when their headset is plugged in and their head moves quickly away from the device and either rips the headset off of them or the jack out of the plug at an angle.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Try cleaning the headphone jack like what the other poster above suggested. Those debris could really be a pain.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

choochoopain

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone! I actually put my headphones in again and gave it a little push, and it worked again. I did clean it out like Jennifer Stough suggested, just in case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89