Help Wanted YouTube : Connection to server lost - Tap screen to retry

robnross125

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi Been loving my note 10.1 since December last year but in the last week I can't watch any YouTube videos. I get the same error when trying to watch via my home Wifi. At first it won't play videos with adverts before they start. Then it was all videos. I thought it was my wifi so swapped my router but this hasn't helped. I tried using my phones 3g network and videos play fine. I thought it might be an issue with browser so tried to open and view youtube from chrome but this didn't work. Yet when I opened youtube up on the mobile site I was able to watch videos for several hours before that then gave me the same error message.
I don't what else to try so any and all suggestions will be appreiciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Been loving my note 10.1 since December last year but in the last week I can't watch any YouTube videos. I get the same error when trying to watch via my home Wifi. At first it won't play videos with adverts before they start. Then it was all videos. I thought it was my wifi so swapped my router but this hasn't helped. I tried using my phones 3g network and videos play fine. I thought it might be an issue with browser so tried to open and view youtube from chrome but this didn't work. Yet when I opened youtube up on the mobile site I was able to watch videos for several hours before that then gave me the same error message.
I don't what else to try so any and all suggestions will be appreiciated.

Welcome to the forums!.
It might be caused by the recent update to You Tube. The last update was on the 15, about the same time your troubles started. You can try going into Settings>Application Manager>YouTube, and click uninstall updates. This will bring you back to the stock app, which should work. Or, you can inform Google and wait for the update to come to fix it.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I've been having similar problems, but it seems to be resolved now.. I went to my local Staples today and they too were having issues trying to access YouTube..

BTW... GolfDrive97.... I like the Avatar...!! I have a custom show / Street car that I built from a 2003 Termi.

Enjoy the ride...!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty