Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a working Voice Recognition App for a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1?

Hi guys and guyesses.
    Just as the title says really. I have been searching for such an App for 3 days now and, although I have found a few Apps that pretend to do the job, none of them actually do. They will write a text message or a tweet or something of a similar sort of length but they all fail when you try to get them to write 3 or 4 pages of text all at once.
    If anyone knows of an App that will work in much the same way as IBM ViaVoice 0r Dragon Naturally Speaking I would be eternally grateful if you would pass on the info.
    Free or Paid for .... makes no difference as long as it really works.
    Cheers,
    Steve.

Default Re: Is there a working Voice Recognition App for a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1?

I use the Swype keyboard which has Dragon dictation built in.....although admittedly I only use it for short notes, texts and emails. Not to compose paragraphs/pages.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Is there a working Voice Recognition App for a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1?

Thanks, Monkey.
    That may be a good place to start.

I to have searched for a good voice to text app, but there just does not seem to be any on Android. The best one I have tried is Dictate in Evernote.

historic post but as a huge user of Dragon on my PC, did you ever discover a dictation program which worked in the same sort of way for the Galaxy note 3 or indeed any other Android phone?