11 GB used but u have nothing on tablet

neuronium

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello people,
For about couple of months i've been having memory issues on my tablet. I've formatted, hard formatted 3 times. I've used a many cache cleaning apps, including clean master. I've even used pro versions of them. Best of them have been able to clean 96 MB unnecessary data.
Whatever i do, 11 GB of my internal memory is always seem full.
I have 4.1.2 jelly bean. I have additional 32 GB external SD car, which i selected as main memory. I've been reading forums for a long time but nothing applied to me. Not even that #99000.... magic.
The only thing i'm suspicious but can not get rid of is, automatic gmail and snote backups. They come back after each format. But i don't think these things can hold that much capacity.
I don't have any video, photo etc...

I greately appreciate any help...

Sincerely

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello people,
For about couple of months i've been having memory issues on my tablet. I've formatted, hard formatted 3 times. I've used a many cache cleaning apps, including clean master. I've even used pro versions of them. Best of them have been able to clean 96 MB unnecessary data.
I have 4.1.2 jelly bean. I have additional 32 GB external SD car, which i selected as main memory. I've been reading forums for a long time but nothing applied to me. Not even that #99000.... magic.
The only thing i'm suspicious but can not get rid of is, automatic gmail and snote backups. They come back after each format. But i don't think these things can hold that much capacity.

Sincerely

Welcome to the forums.
Could you post a screenshot of the Storage stats that can be found in Settings>Storage?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello people,

Sincerely

Welcome to Android Central :)
Edit: Read your post wrong...
Have you tried flashing a stock ROM to the tablet? It essentially does the same as a factory reset so that might help with clearing any unnecessary data

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

neuronium

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for trying guys!
Both didn't work.
I've used an aplication called disk usage, and when it came to the DCIM/.thumbnail , it foundmore then 1 trillion (yes correct! ) jpg files , it took 8 hours to come to 46 percent then i accidentaly cancelled the process.
I'm about to believe there's a hardware problem. This is not normal.
I just want to get rid of this 11 GB and use my tablet as it was.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for trying guys!
Both didn't work.
I've used an aplication called disk usage, and when it came to the DCIM/.thumbnail , it foundmore then 1 trillion (yes correct! ) jpg files , it took 8 hours to come to 46 percent then i accidentaly cancelled the process.
I'm about to believe there's a hardware problem. This is not normal.
I just want to get rid of this 11 GB and use my tablet as it was.

Wow. That sucks :(
That's not a hardware issue, it's software. I'd try that app again and leave it on overnight. If it works, awesome. If not, I'd call Samsung and ask for a replacement

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree to try it again. Who knows how much of that 11GB you will get back...

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty