Use the galaxy note 10 for teaching

Rania Chi

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello
Wondering if you think its a good tool for teaching a galaxynote 10 2014, in my school my boos asked me if I think its a good idea to give teachers this tablet, is there any teachers around ?

thanks

Bruno Alves2

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
This is the forum for the 2012 version, not the 2014 wich is more powerful device and recent, and a replacer for the 2012.
Either devices will do fine, it´s just a question that the 2014 will get support for a period more extended than the 2012.
This device is great for school and students, as they can use a pen and write by hand, the screen will show the letters just like if it was on paper, they can record audio notes while writing, so that the audio note will be on the same page as the written note, I use this in my college classes and it´s great!!!!!! If necessay they can attach a mouse and a keyboard and they have something similar to a laptop (but the experience is still different), this way they can work easily on docs.

There are several versions of the device, some allow sim cards, others like mine are wifi only and so I do not need to worry about data plans, and in Europe my internet and cable company allows me to have internet connections as long as someone as Fon connection nearby.

Any more specific questions do not hesitate

Kevin Wendland

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello
Wondering if you think its a good tool for teaching a galaxynote 10 2014, in my school my boos asked me if I think its a good idea to give teachers this tablet, is there any teachers around ?

thanks

I am a high school math teacher and have been using the Note 10.1 (2012) edition for the past year and a few months. I love it. I know some are upset that the KitKat version for this Note (if it ever comes) won't change the S Note app. And that is fine by me. The shape drawing is so much better in this version. Push a button and it autocorrects the shapes into what you need. The new version makes you draw the shape. Click a button, circle the shape, tell it to autocorrect, then push back on normal pen to draw. Too much time wasted.

I have the all share cast hub connected to my old VGA projector through an HDMI to VGA cable. It also carries the sound. Make sure you get the right cable that takes the audio as well.

I am able to save each notes as PDFs and upload them to my website. If the students are absent they have the notes right there for them to look at. Hope this helps. If you have any questions email me at kwendland at wvusd.k12.CA.us

lawrence Armendarez

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi Kevin,,, this is what I'm trying to do for a college level physics course. The problem I am having is my projectors aren't HDMI compatible....do I need to get a micro-USB to HDMI output and connect it with an HDMI to VGA to make this work? sounds crazy... I'm glad its working out for you

Lawrence

suzi

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to do this for a math class as well, but am hoping I can use the Chromecast intsead of the all share cast hub. Has anyone had experience with that, now that it is supposed to be able to mirror the screen? tia, suzi.

JanPierewiet

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I am a high school math teacher and have been using the Note 10.1 (2012) edition for the past year and a few months. I love it. I know some are upset that the KitKat version for this Note (if it ever comes) won't change the S Note app.
Kitkat for the n8000 has been out for a while. I've been running it since June.

suzi

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Answering myself, in case anyone wants to know in the future. I ised Chromecast to mirror my Note 3 and it worked like a charm. Will try the 10.1 in a week or two. I am loving that I can have a powerpoint open, but if I need extra space for student questions, I can keep one note or the s notebook open on the side with the multi window.

We have projectors with vga inputs, and I used this to adapt. Amazon.com: Sienoc HDMI Female to VGA Female Video adapter Color Black: Computers & Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith