Cases...What is everyone using now and looking forward to??

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know where I can find an armband for the phone. Saw one on Amazon, but the reviews mostly said it fits the SIII better note the note II

dealnerd00

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Just received my Mercury Slim fit TPU case in pink. (I'm a lady). I like it so far, it gives me a safer grip holding it and I am not afraid of dropping it any more while typing or txting. I wanted a silicone grip at first like whats on DH's iPad 2 but I bought the clear one and it turned a gunky yellow color after 1 yr of use. The material absorbed the oils from your hands alot. It reminded me of my old babyG watch decades ago when I was a teen. Gross. So no more silicon grip cases for me.

I like the TPU material alot, its still pliable and the color selection is great. I like the glitter overlay too. For $7 it serves a huge purpose.

View attachment 48069

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Had this case on for a week and dropped my note 2, about 2' from my tile floor and it landed with TPU side down. My note 2 is still fine. It definitely absorbed some of the force.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Daddy likes

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZHJEkFC(hB8jkNBQtLi4KHGQ~~60_1.jpeg
    $(KGrHqZHJEkFC(hB8jkNBQtLi4KHGQ~~60_1.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 311
  • $(KGrHqF,!qEFC)i4GWcDBQtLiszFbg~~60_1.jpeg
    $(KGrHqF,!qEFC)i4GWcDBQtLiszFbg~~60_1.jpeg
    15.8 KB · Views: 313

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I ordered this one off of eBay

$(KGrHqF,!o0FBfrucwYtBQruW6UG+Q~~60_12.JPG

I figured it was worth a try for only $4.5 It's thin, its got a cover, I can get at the volume controls with the cover closed, and the whole thing is transparent.

I will post my reactions once I get it.

Clear White Rubber Gel TPU Flip Book Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 | eBay

Echartea

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Otterbox Defender today; they went on sale on Friday (the Black and the Glacier ones; the Knight color variant appears to still be 'up and coming')

This thing is amazing; I mean, I didn't expect any less from Otterbox, but still it's nice to get my hands on it and find it to at the very least, meet my expectations. My biggest concern for it was that my headphones wouldn't fit in the headphone port, since I use DJ styled over-ears ( Amazon.com: Sony Studio Monitor MDR-V600 Stereo Headphone: Electronics )with the screw-style plug that's meant to allow easy attachment of the thicker stereo plug. However I was most pleased to find that it is wide enough to accommodate the large base of the plug. The holster is a great addition, too; I won't have to keep the phone in my jacket pocket anymore.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with the case, although I can't give a long-term statement since it literally only went on sale Friday, and it arrived just this afternoon.

Analyss14

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using the Zenus Folio Case. I like it and it's very well made and a good fit but it makes it very uncomfortable to use the Note II as a phone. However, I find it makes reading easier because I can handle it much in the same way as a book, with one hand on the phone and one hand holding the cover, but it has more cons than pros. The wallet aspect is pretty useless because I use a screen protector and the first and last time I tried putting cards in the slots I opened the case to find the exposed raised numbers from my cards had left an imprint on the screen protector. Now the blame could partly be put on the quality of the screen protector but I use my spen all the time and the screen protector doesn't show any marks so I think it's the case exerting pressure.

The cut out for the camera and flash is the best I've seen from a non samsung branded case but the speaker cutout is a bit off but it doesn't effect the output. Because of the clasp in the front the phone obviously doesn't lay flat when face down but I find the slight angle makes the speaker sound slightly better. An unexpected benefit is that when I am outside and need to lay my phone on an uneven surface (for whatever reason) I just fold the case back and fasten the claps backwards. It raises the phone completely off the ground and I feel more secure that my camera lens won't scratch accidentally.

Overall I like it but as soon as find a more ergonomic case I'm putting this back in the drawer.

Note%20II%20Zenus%20Case.jpg

Analyss14

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I usually get most of my cases from Strapya World : Smartphones and Tablets but they don't have a lot of cases for the Note II yet. I got most of my iphone and S3 cases from either them, Amazon, or YesAsia's electronics section and they've always been great. I also get a lot phone accessories For any one who's interested Strapya have the Note II cases listed under the Note page.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got this case in the mail today. I really like it a lot, Its Just a basic TPU jelly case but its "grippy" and has a stand. The stand takes up no room at all, Oh, and its also really cheap.

Check out this item I found on eBay: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Ditem.view%26id%3D321036487737&token=S1evGt_e

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/11/7a3y8y4y.jpgView attachment 50575

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

How sturdy is the stand? One of the reasons I don't buy stand cases anymore is because they break.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i just LOVE this, just ordered it. Does this replace a screen protector, cause I really do not want a screen protector on my phone anymore, and if this does the job as a "screen protector" its perfect.:

I believe the case, or in this matter the bumper serves a different purpose than the screen protector. Currently, I have them both on my phone. The bumper will not protect the phone from things that could possibly scratch the glass. The bumper is only 2 parts, the shell and a lip. There is no protector on the lip that covers that glass.

Anyway, why do you not like the screen protector? I just bought the SGP oleophobic screen protector. It's great and I can't even tell it's there.

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I believe the case, or in this matter the bumper serves a different purpose than the screen protector. Currently, I have them both on my phone. The bumper will not protect the phone from things that could possibly scratch the glass. The bumper is only 2 parts, the shell and a lip. There is no protector on the lip that covers that glass.

Anyway, why do you not like the screen protector? I just bought the SGP oleophobic screen protector. It's great and I can't even tell it's there.

I've just never been a SP kind of person, and I never had and scratches on my phone, but I don't want to take any chances with this one. I have a SP now, some cheap one that came with a case, its actually pretty good, but I'm going to order the Tech Armour SP since it comes with lifetime replacement.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Picked up the Otterbox Defender today and though it does add bulk, by about 50% width and about 1/2" on the length, I am very pleased with it. The bottom of case is very close to the right soft key.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Nightscape

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Currently just using the oem flip cases by Samsung. I have the white, grey and orange and just switch them out periodically. I'll probably get a slim fit ringke or something similar soon. I dislike adding any bulk to the phone as big as it is already.

2012-12-12154144.jpg

2012-12-12154626.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty