New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Go into the app settings and click on the option in the first picture and then the next screen will be the second picture. Follow that instruction and you should be all set.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366127859293.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366127859293.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 98
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366127871440.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366127871440.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 99

MikaelPe

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
New iBOLT Dock'n Drive Video... Hello all friends out there! We at iBOLT just made this video available today on the Google Play and also on YouTube. This shows the new Dock'n Drive app and how it works. After a quick drive I am going through the features of the app in painful details:) Take a look and keep the conversation going... And to all out there that are waiting for the famous 9ft aux-out/charging cable, it's coming! The 1st shipment is in the air this week so by end of months everyone that we've promised should have received a shipping notification. We are coordinating with our friends here at AndroidCentral too of course. Stay tuned..

Google Play for app & video: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd&token=K7QFeBnI

YouTube only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9lBV3Ag9Tco

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
New iBOLT Dock'n Drive Video... Hello all friends out there! We at iBOLT just made this video available today on the Google Play and also on YouTube. This shows the new Dock'n Drive app and how it works. After a quick drive I am going through the features of the app in painful details:) Take a look and keep the conversation going... And to all out there that are waiting for the famous 9ft aux-out/charging cable, it's coming! The 1st shipment is in the air this week so by end of months everyone that we've promised should have received a shipping notification. We are coordinating with our friends here at AndroidCentral too of course. Stay tuned..

Google Play for app & video: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd&token=KX1UQhxI

YouTube only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9lBV3Ag9Tco

The street maps are so slow,, says I'm on a street and it stays on that street for 10 mins. Car ultra switches streets instantly, turn onto a new street and the dock shows you what street your on,, this feature needs a lot of work on the ibolt app.

MikaelPe

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Zmann, thanks for the tip. I have seen it takes about 4-5 seconds to get a fix so we will put this on the agenda. If you see anything else, send an email from within the App and my Colleague Martin will read and respond. User input like this is very valuable! Thanks again...

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Zmann, thanks for the tip. I have seen it takes about 4-5 seconds to get a fix so we will put this on the agenda. If you see anything else, send an email from within the App and my Colleague Martin will read and respond. User input like this is very valuable! Thanks again...

That's cool,, and I wish it was 4 or 5 seconds. On my end it does not change most of the time for over 5 mins. Sometimes else,, I made your app my default app and when I did that made my phone screen keep going blank,, only way I could do anything was to hit power button twice to get to lock screen and open a app with lock screen app icons.. I had to uninstall your app to get my phone right again.. I will re install but will not make it the default app again.

MikaelPe

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, today (yes, for real!) we shipped out the first batch of the now "mythical" USB/aux-out charging cable. The rest will be shipped within the next 5 business days, with big loads going out daily. New orders placed online (Amazon or our website) will receive the aux-out cable immediately from today. If you have purchased the xProDock for Samsung you will receive additional details via email.

We are also including a new and improved "ChargingArm" cable that is slightly more "stiff" compared to the previous one. Once you have "bent" it into the right position it will stay very nicely in place and make insertion easier. This updated Arm is sent to everyone that ordered the xProDock for Samsung in the past from us or from AndroidCentral.com

The new 9ft cable also has good charging efficiency (considering the length) with about 30%+ charging per hour using a standard 1 Amp car charger. This result on Galaxy S3 with the iBOLT Dock'n Drive app active and screen "on". We recommend using our App (or Ulysse Speedomter or CarHome Ultra) as the background is mostly black and the background light (and thus battery consumption) is very minimal.

For anyone using the aux-cable, remember to go into "Settings-Accessory" and turn on the external speaker and Desktop Home options in order for any DockMode application to work properly as well as the sound to the car-speakers. Again, sound is ONLY coming from the Apps to the speakers, NOT from the phone calls as Samsung firmware does not allow this so you must use a Bluetooth hands-free solution for phone calls.

Also, we are working daily on the Dock'n Drive App with a major bug fix plus some new features expected to be launched in the next two weeks. We will also remove the note about time limit as the App will remain free for now.

jummybui

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, today (yes, for real!) we shipped out the first batch of the now "mythical" USB/aux-out charging cable. The rest will be shipped within the next 5 business days, with big loads going out daily. New orders placed online (Amazon or our website) will receive the aux-out cable immediately from today. If you have purchased the xProDock for Samsung you will receive additional details via email.

We are also including a new and improved "ChargingArm" cable that is slightly more "stiff" compared to the previous one. Once you have "bent" it into the right position it will stay very nicely in place and make insertion easier. This updated Arm is sent to everyone that ordered the xProDock for Samsung in the past from us or from AndroidCentral.com

The new 9ft cable also has good charging efficiency (considering the length) with about 30%+ charging per hour using a standard 1 Amp car charger. This result on Galaxy S3 with the iBOLT Dock'n Drive app active and screen "on". We recommend using our App (or Ulysse Speedomter or CarHome Ultra) as the background is mostly black and the background light (and thus battery consumption) is very minimal.

For anyone using the aux-cable, remember to go into "Settings-Accessory" and turn on the external speaker and Desktop Home options in order for any DockMode application to work properly as well as the sound to the car-speakers. Again, sound is ONLY coming from the Apps to the speakers, NOT from the phone calls as Samsung firmware does not allow this so you must use a Bluetooth hands-free solution for phone calls.

Also, we are working daily on the Dock'n Drive App with a major bug fix plus some new features expected to be launched in the next two weeks. We will also remove the note about time limit as the App will remain free for now.

Will androidcentral Buyers of this dock get the 9ft cable also?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Got my email shipment confirmation yesterday. Last week I bought a brand new alpine with bluetooth,, lol. Don't really need the cable to much anymore lol. The new arm is cool. Of course I'll use the cable.

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
So has anyone actually gotten the dock n drive to actually launch when plugging in the dock? I either get the Samsung page buddy or if I turn page buddy off I get nothing. I tried the instructions above and I show no app set for the default and if I do open app info the android operating system service opens.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
So has anyone actually gotten the dock n drive to actually launch when plugging in the dock? I either get the Samsung page buddy or if I turn page buddy off I get nothing. I tried the instructions above and I show no app set for the default and if I do open app info the android operating system service opens.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Car home ultra opens when I plug in to my dock

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, today (yes, for real!) we shipped out the first batch of the now "mythical" USB/aux-out charging cable. The rest will be shipped within the next 5 business days,
Got the e-mail yesterday that mine was on the way. Looking forward to it.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I live in GA and I received my 9ft cable today and it came with a new charging arm.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Received mine today,, not liking the new arm. Seems to short. Very hard getting arm in proper position its a tad to short in my opinion. Saved the old arm just in case. The arm connectors barely fit into the holes in the dock. Love the cord even though I now have bluetooth stereo in the car .

Last edited:

MikaelPe

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Zmann, the new slightly shorter cable is designed stay a bit more firmly in place, although initially it's a bit of a "wrestling" to bend it into shape. We also added some other technical things to make it better for sound quality. We will also share this "how to" video with everyone that bought the xPro and are now getting the replacement cable. Painfully slow but detailed...:) xProDock ChargingArm & Aux-out replacement cable - YouTube

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Received mine today,, not liking the new arm. Seems to short. Very hard getting arm in proper position its a tad to short in my opinion. Saved the old arm just in case. The arm connectors barely fit into the holes in the dock. Love the cord even though I now have bluetooth stereo in the car .

Got mine earlier this week too. I really like it. I had no problem removing the old arm and cable and inserting the new ones in the dock. Zmann, I think the new arm is better. I did have to use two hands to bend it into shape and the position I wanted, but now it's easier to insert into the phone because it stays put when the phone is removed, vs. the old arm drooping down more.

I like not having to have a 2nd separate cable for music audio. Though I will say the audio level out of the aux port seems to be lower than the headphone jack. It have to turn the volume on my car stereo up much more than I did with a separate cable just plugged into the headphone jack on the phone. I'm guessing this is a phone thing though, and not the cable itself.

I am, unfortunately having a bit of a noise issue with the new cable. It's not a hum or buzz like I know some people had reported with the original SIII dock and cable. This is more like a static sound, like a loose connector, or maybe broken cord. If I move the cable around a bit, it'll stop, but I let go of the cable and starts again (again seemingly pointing to a loose connector or broken cord). I need to look at it closer to try to pin down if it's the connect, cord, and even if it's the main cord, or the arm.

One thing I am pleasantly surprised by with the new cord is that my phone will actually charge with it. With the old USB charge only cable the car charger would keep the phone battery from further draining while plugged into the dock's cable, but would not actual gain charge. Using the new cable, it will actually gain charge (using the exact same charger). It'll charge 3 to 4 percent in about 15 or 20 minutes, with it running full tilt with playing music, Google Navigation, and the screen configured to stay on permanently. So yay for that!

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
my cable came yesterday too. I like the new arm. No static sound (my SIII had it) but the 3.5mm jack seems a little funky, the right speakers cut out every now and then, jiggle the jack and it's fixed. I dont think it's jack in the dash, as I used it with the headphone jack on the phone since i got it back in Nov and never had the issue. The good news is you dont have to touch it once installed, so hoping it will seat and be fine.

jummybui

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Has everyone who ordered the dock received their 9ft cable yet? I ordered my dock back in April 4 and still did not receive the 9ft cable yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo